Configuring the Hive Metastore to Use HDFS High Availability in CDH
To configure other CDH components to use HDFS high availability, see Configuring Other CDH Components to Use HDFS HA.
Configuring the Hive Metastore to Use HDFS HA
The Hive metastore can be configured to use HDFS high availability by using Cloudera Manager or by using the command-line for unmanaged clusters.
- In the Cloudera Manager Admin Console, go to the Hive service.
- Select . Click Stop again to confirm the command.
- Back up the Hive metastore database.
- Select and confirm the command.
- Select Start to confirm the command. and click
- Restart the Hue and Impala services if you stopped them prior to updating the metastore.