Troubleshooting Navigator Data Management
This page contains troubleshooting tips and workarounds for various issues that can arise.
Cloudera Navigator-Cloudera Altus
No metadata or lineage collected from an Altus deployed cluster.
Symptom: No metadata collected from a Cloudera Altus instantiated cluster. Although both the Cloudera Altus environment has been setup to use a given Amazon S3 bucket and the Cloudera Navigator instance has been configured to read from that same S3 bucket, no metadata is collected.
Possible cause: Permissions on the Amazon S3 bucket have not been applied correctly.
- Check that permissions have been set properly on the Amazon S3 bucket.
- Verify that the Amazon S3 bucket name has not been changed.
...Metadata export failed com.amazonaws.services.s3.model.AmazonS3Exception: The specified bucket does not exist (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 404; Error Code: NoSuchBucket; Request ID: D28543E2494BD521), S3 Extended Request ID: ...
The 404 status code and "NoSuchBucket" in the error message indicate the Telemetry Publisher was unable to write to Amazon S3 bucket because the bucket was misidentified or that permissions were configured incorrectly.
Navigator Audit Server
"No serializer found" error
Symptom: Selecting an Audits page results in error message.
No serializer found
Possible cause: Communication failure somewhere between Navigator Metadata Server and Cloudera Manager Server and its communication to Navigator Audit Server. This is an existing Known Issue that needs to be resolved so that the error message can be properly mapped.
- Log in to the Cloudera Navigator console.
- Enable Navigator API logging.
- Perform your action on the Audits page that raised the error message and see if the underlying issue is caught in the API log. If the Navigator API logging reveals no additional
information, turn on API logging for Cloudera Manager:
- Log in to the Cloudera Manager Admin Console.
- Select Administrator > Settings
- Select Advanced for the Category filter.
- Click the Enable Debugging of API check box to select it. The server log will contain all API calls. Try your request again and see if the source error message displays in the response.