Hue Known Issues
Hue Load Balancer with TLS fails on peer Cloudera Navigator validation
If you are using CDH 5.11.x or lower and , you may experience failure of the Hue load balancer if you are using Apache HTTPD 2.4 or higher and TLS is enabled.
- In the Cloudera Manager Admin console, go to the Hue Service, and select Load Balancer Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for httpd.conf
. Add the following line to the
- Select the Hue Service-Wide filter and locate the Hue Service Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for
hue_safety_valve.ini property and add the following lines:
- Click Save Changes.
HTTPD 2.4 breaks Hue high availability with SSLProxyPeerCN on
In HTTPD 2.2 and earlier versions, SSLProxyPeerCN is off. In HTTPD 2.4, SSLProxyPeerCN is turned on. This breaks Hue high availability and throws a proxy error.
Affected Versions: CDH 5.11.0 only
- Log on to Cloudera Manager and go to .
- Search for Load Balancer Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for httpd.conf.
- Disable proxy peer checks by entering:
SSLProxyCheckPeerCN off SSLProxyCheckPeerName off
- Save changes and restart Hue.
Installing Hue on Debian/Ubuntu may require manual restart
When you install or upgrade Hue from packages on Debian/Ubuntu, the system tries to restart the Hue service in between updating the apps. This causes Hue to start with an interface that could be missing some apps.
Affected Versions: CDH 5 Beta 2
Workaround: Restart Hue once the installation/upgrade is complete: sudo service hue restart.
Hue can hang or fail when SQLite database is overloaded
Hue can hang or fail because the SQLite database is overloaded, returning the error, database is locked.
Affected Versions: CDH 5.2.x and higher
- Increase the timeout setting in [desktop][[database]] in the Hue configuration file, OR
- Install an external database. See Hue Custom Databases.
Icons Stop Rendering in IE11 Browser with HTTPS
When you use the back button in IE11 with https, some Hue graphics stop rendering. Add a load balancer to resolve.
Affected Versions: All CDH 5.x versions.
Workaround: Add a Hue Load Balancer:
- Log on to and click Hue.
- Select .
- Click Select hosts in the field under Load Balancer .
- Select a host and click OK.
- Check the Load Balancer box and select .
- Click Save Changes and Restart Hue.
Importing Hue data to MySQL can cause columns to truncate
Importing Hue data to MySQL can cause columns to be truncated on import, displaying Warning: Data truncated for column 'name' at row 1
Affected Versions: CDH 4.6.x and higher
Hue does not support the Spark App
Hue does not currently support the Spark application.