Managing Cloudera Manager Agent Logs
Viewing Agent Logs
To help you troubleshoot problems, you can view the Cloudera Manager Agent logs. You can view the logs in the Logs page or in specific pages for the logs.
Viewing Cloudera Manager Agent Logs in the Logs Page
- Select on the top navigation bar.
- Click Select Sources to display the log source list.
- Uncheck the All Sources checkbox.
- Click to the left of Cloudera Manager and select the Agent checkbox.
- Click Search.
Viewing the Cloudera Manager Agent Log
- Click the Hosts tab.
- Click the link for the host where you want to see the Agent log.
- In the Details panel, click the Details link in the Host Agent field.
- Click the Agent Log link.
Setting the Cloudera Manager Agent Log Location
By default the Cloudera Manager Agent log is stored in /var/log/cloudera-scm-agent/. If there is not enough space in that directory, you can change the location of the log file:
- Set the log_file property in the Cloudera Manager Agent configuration
- Create log/cloudera-scm_agent directories and set the owner and group to cloudera-scm. For example, if the log is stored
in /opt/log/cloudera-scm-agent, do the following:
$ sudo su $ cd /opt $ mkdir log $ chown cloudera-scm:cloudera-scm log $ mkdir /opt/log/cloudera-scm-agent $ chown cloudera-scm:cloudera-scm log/cloudera-scm-agent
- Restart the Agent:
$ sudo service cloudera-scm-agent restart