Configuring Encrypted HBase Data Transport
This topic describes how to configure encrypted HBase data transport using both Cloudera Manager and the command line.
Using Cloudera Manager
Minimum Required Role: Full Administrator
To enable encryption of data transferred between HBase masters and RegionServers and between RegionServers and clients:
- Enable Hadoop security using Kerberos.
- Configure Kerberos authentication for HBase.
- Select the HBase service.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Select .
- Search for the HBase Transport Security property. Select privacy to enable secure RPC transport. There are three settings: authentication, integrity, and privacy. Each level includes the prior ones. Selecting privacy also enables authentication and integrity.
- Click Save Changes.
- Restart the HDFS service.