Step 6: Stop All Services
Minimum Required Role: Operator (also provided by Configurator, Cluster Administrator, Full Administrator)
Before you enable security in CDH, you must stop all Hadoop daemons in your cluster and then change some configuration properties. You must stop all daemons in the cluster because after one Hadoop daemon has been restarted with the configuration properties set to enable security. Daemons running without security enabled will be unable to communicate with that daemon. This requirement to stop all daemons makes it impossible to do a rolling upgrade to enable security on a Hadoop cluster.
Stop all running services, and the Cloudera Management service, as follows:
Stopping All Services
- On the tab, click to the right of the cluster name and select Stop.
- Click Stop in the confirmation screen. The Command Details window shows the progress of stopping services.
When All services successfully stopped appears, the task is complete and you can close the Command Details window.
Stopping the Cloudera Management Service
- On the Cloudera Management Service and select Stop. tab, click to the right of
- Click Stop to confirm. The Command Details window shows the progress of stopping the roles.
- When Command completed with n/n successful subcommands appears, the task is complete. Click Close.