Winners exemplify innovation with outstanding data projects that deliver a substantial impact to their business and broader community
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Nov. 17, 2021 - Cloudera, the enterprise data cloud company, today announced the winners of its annual Data Impact awards. Since 2013, the Data Impact Awards have recognized organizations whose data projects deliver substantial benefits to technology, science, health, lifestyle, and the community, across a wide variety of industries and geographies. Winners have been selected across seven different categories, including a new award recognizing organizations at the forefront of pushing for diversity, equity and inclusion in and outside of the workplace.
After nearly two years of change and uncertainty, the stage has been set for profound transformation and enduring positive change. As organizations plan for the future, technologies like data science, AI and machine learning, and predictive analytics will continue to be at the forefront of these efforts. The Data Impact Award winners show what can be accomplished when data powers decision making to benefit everyday people that need it the most.
“It is an honor to recognize the winners of this year’s Data Impact Awards,” said Mick Hollison, President at Cloudera. Every single one of these organizations demonstrate how utilizing cloud technology and next generation data solutions can have a positive impact on a business’ bottom line - and on the world.”
Cloudera is proud to announce the 2021 Data Impact Awards winners:
- Data Lifecycle Connection: Carrefour Spain - Enhancing customer experiences by connecting multiple parts of the data lifecycle to collect, enrich, report, serve, and predict.
- Cloud Innovation: ExxonMobil - Driving innovation by leveraging a combination of on-premises tools and cloud services to unlock value from a variety of data types, dramatically reducing time-to-insights to continue to operate safely, responsibly, and efficiently.
- Data for Enterprise AI: Internal Revenue Service - Accelerating artificial intelligence and machine learning operations to automate, secure, and optimize data-driven decision making, increase efficiencies, and reduce fraud.
- Security & Governance Leadership: Bank of the West - Centralizing management, security, and governance of its data and metadata policies, supporting advanced analytics, innovation, and increasing access and data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Industry Transformation: MTN - Aiding Africa’s digital transformation efforts with its data and analytics platform, EVA.
- People First: Bank Mandiri - Using real-time, data-driven solutions to tackle difficult workplace and societal challenges affecting its employees and customers
- Data for Good: Union Bank of the Philippines - Transforming the future by driving financial inclusion with broader access to products and services using machine learning and AI-powered credit scoring.
"This year's Data Impact Awards showcase how data is shaping the world around us,” said Eva Nahari, Principal at DNX Ventures. “From helping to create more diverse and accountable organizations, to identifying and executing on big market opportunities that drive growth, while caring for the individuals. Data is the DNA of today's organizations and decision making processes, as well as the fuel guiding forward-thinking enterprises to new innovation and revenue streams.”
Nominations are evaluated by a panel of independent thought leaders and expert industry analysts who then select the finalists and winners. The winners exemplify the most cutting-edge data projects and represent innovation and leadership in their respective industries.
To learn more about the winning use cases, visit the Cloudera blog here.
At Cloudera, we believe that data can make what is impossible today, possible tomorrow. We empower people to transform complex data into clear and actionable insights. Cloudera delivers an enterprise data cloud for any data, anywhere, from the Edge to AI. Powered by the relentless innovation of the open source community, Cloudera advances digital transformation for the world's largest enterprises. Learn more at Cloudera.com.
Cloudera and associated marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cloudera, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.