Transform Your Business with Dell EMC & Cloudera
Dell and Cloudera have collaborated extensively on tested and validated solutions that address the needs of customers looking to unlock the value of their data. With a variety of solutions for customers to choose, from reference architectures through self-service analytics, Dell EMC’s Hadoop-based solutions can help customers throughout their Hadoop journey, from the most basic level to enabling the most memory intensive workloads.
Joint Solution Overview
Dell EMC works closely with Cloudera, understanding the needs of Apache Hadoop customers, validating hardware & software-based solutions, empowering organizations with deeper insights and enhanced data-driven decision making by using the right infrastructure for the right data.
- Dell EMC Cloudera Hadoop Solution - Combines Dell EMC servers and networking components with CDH, as well as management tools, training, support and professional services, to deliver a single source for deploying, managing, and scaling a comprehensive Apache Hadoop-based stack.
- Dell EMC Cloudera Syncsort ETL Offload Hadoop Solution - This groundbreaking solution allows you to capitalize on the unique technical and cost advantages of the Hadoop platform while protecting your investments in your EDW.
- Dell EMC Isilon | Cloudera - Combines a powerful yet simple, highly efficient, and massively scalable storage platform with integrated support for Hadoop analytics. Dell EMC Isilon is the first, and only, scale-out NAS platform to incorporate native support for the HDFS layer. With your unstructured data on Isilon, these capabilities allow you to quickly implement an in-place data analytics approach and avoid unnecessary capital expenditures, increased operational costs, and time-consuming replication of your Big Data to a separate infrastructure.
- Fact Sheet: Dell EMC QuickStart for Cloudera Hadoop
- Fact Sheet: Dell EMC Cloudera Hadoop Solution
- Fact Sheet: Dell EMC Cloudera Syncsort ETL Offload
- Reference Architecture: Dell EMC Cloudera Hadoop Solution
- Solution Brief: Cloudera & Dell EMC Isilon
- White Paper: Three Ways to Get Started With Hadoop
- White Paper: Hadoop Security Four Must Haves
- White Paper: Using Transparent Data Encryption with Isilon HDFS
Customer Case Studies
- Case Study: SecureWorks
Blogs & vLogs
- Mike Olson Blog: Turn Your ‘Data Lake’ into an Enterprise Data Hub
- Charles Zedlewski Blog: Bringing EDH to the EMC Business Data Lake
About Dell EMC
Dell EMC, a part of Dell Technologies, enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their data center using industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a hybrid cloud, and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and big data solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.
Computer Hardware, Software, IT Services
- Dell is a certified Cloudera reseller with over 5 years of experience selling hardware and software solutions dedicated to addressing various big data workloads
- Dell offers a variety of Reference Architectures based on Cloudera Enterprise that address Data Warehouse Optimization, ETL offload, customers 360, and basic implementations of Hadoop