Why Cloudera + Cask?
With Cloudera and Cask, organizations can accelerate time-to-value for their enterprise data hub by letting them focus on applications and insights, not infrastructure and integration. Cask tightly integrates with Cloudera and has been certified on the latest Cloudera Enterprise platform, including Cloudera Navigator.
Cloudera has been a close and trusted partner on our journey to radically simplify how organizations build, deploy, and operate big data applications—cutting down development and deployment timelines by orders of magnitude while accelerating time-to-value, even for the most demanding projects. Tightly integrated with the Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub, the Cask Data Application Platform delivers real value to our joint customers, letting them focus on applications and insights, rather than infrastructure and integration.
–Jonathan Gray, Co-founder and CEO, Cask
Joint Solution(s) Overview
The Cask Data Application Platform (CDAP) provides the de-facto, open source big data application and integration platform that allows developers and data scientists to accelerate the time to build, deploy, and operate data-centric solutions on Cloudera EDH. It also enables organizations to implement well-governed data-as-a-service environments designed to quickly unlock the value of data. CDAP’s self-service extensions, Cask Hydrator and Cask Tracker, offer a drag and drop framework to develop, run, and automate data pipelines on Hadoop and Spark, and to perform data discovery with metadata, audit, and lineage.
By using the Cask Data Application Platform (CDAP) with EDH, enterprises can:
- Derive greater value from data by allowing developers and data scientists to focus on finished solutions rather than underlying infrastructure problems
- Accelerate and simplify application design and development utilizing existing talent and processes
- Manage the solution life cycle using enterprise best practices for development, debugging, deployment, and maintenance
Cask provides the de-facto, open source big data application and integration platform that lets developers and data scientists accelerate the time to build, deploy, and operate data-centric solutions and enterprise data hubs. It also enables organizations to implement well-governed data-as-a-service environments designed to quickly unlock the value of data.
Big Data Applications and Integration
- The de-facto platform for all your big data application and integration needs—prototype to production, batch and real-time processing, data ingestion and data pipelines, deployment and packaging, app-level data lineage and governance
- Open source, easy-to-use, enterprise-ready: Native to Hadoop and Spark, extensible, self-service drag & drop UI, manageability, governance, and security at scale
- 5X faster time to value —Rapidly build, test, and deploy Hadoop and Spark applications and services in a fraction of the time needed to hand-code
- Native big data support —Migrate from MapReduce to Spark via one click
- Integration with Cloudera Navigator—Enable enterprise wide, application-level governance and control on Hadoop and Spark