Oracle Big Data Appliance
The Oracle Big Data Appliance is an engineered system optimized for acquiring, organizing, and loading unstructured data into Oracle Database 12c. The Oracle Big Data Appliance includes CDH, Oracle NoSQL Database, Oracle Data Integrator with Application Adapter for Apache Hadoop, Oracle Loader for Hadoop, an open source distribution of R, Oracle Linux, and Oracle Java HotSpot Virtual Machine.
Oracle Big Data Appliance includes:
- Pre-integrated full rack configuration with 18 of Oracle's Sun x86 servers and InfiniBand and Ethernet connectivity to simplify implementation and management
- Oracle Big Data Appliance X6-2 Starter Rack contains six Oracle Sun x86 servers within a full-sized rack with redundant Infiniband switches and power distribution units
- Oracle Big Data Appliance Elastic Configuration expands any configuration in one node increments up to a full rack of 18 nodes
- All Cloudera Enterprise
- Oracle NoSQL Databases
- Comprehensive security, including authentication, authorization and auditing capabilities
- Also includes Oracle Linux, Oracle Java Hotspot VM, and the Oracle R Distribution
Oracle is the leader in developing software to address a enterprise data management. Typically known as a database leader, they also develop and build tools for software development, enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management, supply chain management, business intelligence, and data warehousing. Cloudera has a long standing relationship with Oracle and have worked closely to develop enterprise class solutions that can enable end customers to more quickly get up and running with big data.