Precisely Connect: Mainframe Data Integration
Mainframes are the power behind many mission-critical applications within an enterprise. Mainframes collect, generate, and process some of the most substantial data volumes an enterprise will generate. Mainframes do this with exceptional performance and reliability.
The same companies that rely on mainframes are also trying to modernize their infrastructures with cloud data platforms. These cloud data platforms are essential for strategic Big Data projects. If the mainframe data isn’t part of these projects, a significant piece of the puzzle is missing. As a result, mainframe data is underused, diminishing the value of the organization’s Big Data investments.
Precisely and Cloudera provide the best end-to-end approach to making all enterprise data, including mainframe and IBM i, available in a single cloud environment for strategic projects such as analytics, AI and machine learning.
Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) collects, enriches, reports, serves, and models enterprise data for any business use case in any cloud. By including mainframe data within CDP, users can have a full view of all enterprise data available to them when executing strategic projects such as analytics, anti-money laundering, improving customer experiences, and more. The combination of Precisely’s Connect and Cloudera, ensures that mainframe data is accessible, secure, and readable for downstream applications and users.
The goal of including mainframe data in strategic data projects, is to integrate this critical data with the rest of the business to deliver unprecedented insight and competitive advantage. Precisely helps you do exactly this with Connect, a single data integration solution for ETL and data replication (CDC). Precisely’s Connect comes ready to deploy with:
- Visual design once, deploy anywhere approach to data integration workflows
- Native integration with CDP and applications deployed on Nifi, Kafka, and Flink
- High performance throughput for large volumes of data, both on-premises and cloud
Precisely and Cloudera make it possible for you to easily ingest mainframe data for all enterprise data use cases. The solution helps businesses to:
- Enable the business to access all enterprise data – including transaction data from mainframe and IBM i – within CDP
- Take a seamless approach to ingest, transformation and distribution of enterprise data to CDP
- Build data pipelines from mainframe sources to CDP that power decision-making with real-time data delivery
- Stop wasting weeks of development time just to understand the data
Metrics and Proof Points
- Over 50+ years of working with legacy data source systems
- Reported savings of upwards $100K per year in mainframe costs
- Performance improvements from 3-5X
- Get mainframe data into Cloudera – in a mainframe format - and work with it like any other data source
- Preserve data exactly as it was on the mainframe to meet governance & compliance mandates
- Enable non-mainframe developers to work with native mainframe data on the cluster
- Cleanse, blend, and transform data on the cluster
- Directly access and understand VSAM files, mainframe fixed and variable files, and Db2 data
- Give data meaning with COBOL Copybooks mapped directly to the mainframe data
- Keep data in CDP in-sync with changes made on the mainframe through seamless integration with Connect’s CDC capabilities
Precisely is the global leader in data integrity, providing accuracy and consistency in data for 12,000 customers in more than 100 countries, including 90 percent of the Fortune 100. Precisely’s data integration, data quality, location intelligence, and data enrichment products power better business decisions to create better outcomes. Learn more at www.precisely.com