This end-to-end, open source architecture for IoT can help you efficiently deploy and manage highly secure, reliable, and scalable IoT solutions. Building on Red Hat’ s experience as the world’s largest open source company, Eurotech’s capabilities and experience in operational technology environments, and Cloudera’s skills as a leader in the data analytics and machine learning space, this IoT architecture lets you harness the power of community innovation, while enabling you to contain costs, and avoid vendor lock-in.
The architecture provides the components and foundation needed for an end-to-end IoT solution, but with the benefits of open source innovation and interoperability. It is built on some of the key open source projects and innovations out of the Eclipse IoT foundation and brings to bearing some of the latest innovations in the IoT domain. Its modular nature allows you to swap out system components over time so you can keep pace with advances in technology while protecting previous investments.
The key components of the architecture include:
- Connected “things” that generate device data and require management, a secure connection, and seamless protocol translation.
- Intelligent IoT gateway stack to support data ingestion and control and enable analytics at the edge.
- IoT integration hub to manage disparate devices and control the operational flow of data directly to enterprise applications for input, or to a data management platform for analysis.
- Data management and analytics platform for IoT data processing, persistent storage, analytics, and machine learning to enable deep business insights and actionable intelligence.
- Enterprise application environment for development, deployment, and integration of applications.
The architecture allows you to:
- Connect, provision, and manage millions of distributed IoT devices and gateways with added security
- Simplify data flow management with intelligence and analytics at the edge.
- Provide a comprehensive, centralized advanced analytics and data management platform with the ability to build or refine machine learning models and push these models to the edge.
- Put security in the forefront, with pre-integrated security and manageability across devices, access, authentication and applications, as well as data that is in-motion and at-rest.
- Utilize application development, deployment, and integration services.
Enterprise-ready, open, and interoperable, the architecture is validated, integrated, and tested by Red Hat, Eurotech, and Cloudera. Its modular nature enables choice, protects your existing technology investments, and provides the flexibility to build out an IoT environment on-premise or multi-cloud, in a centralized or distributed design.
End-to-end analytics is realized through the use of the integrated components of the architecture. Business rules and advanced analytical models can be deployed both at the edge and within the core platform, enabling business intelligence at the edge, while taking advantage of historical data sets and machine learning.
Improve Product & Service Efficiencies
About Red Hat
Red Hat, the world’s leading provider of open source software solutions, delivers reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux®, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies that help you collect, communicate, transform, store, and act on critical data generated by the Internet of Things (IoT). Red Hat offers a single, extendable, and secure foundation to support the end-to-end life cycle of IoT solutions – from development to production.
Red Hat brings intelligence to the edge, bridging the gap between IT and operational technology for connectivity and interoperability between IoT devices, gateways, datacenters, and the cloud. Learn more at redhat.com/iot