Cloudera is announcing several changes to its developer certification program. We have several goals in making these changes:
- To expand our focus on Apache Spark and support the changing skills required of developers in the Cloudera ecosystem.
- To provide more value to certified individuals and to organizations by moving to performance-based (hands-on) exams.
- To encourage ongoing professional growth and development in our certified community.
Cloudera Certified Developer for Apache Hadoop (CCDH) and Cloudera Certified Specialist for Apache HBase (CCSHB) will retire on January 1, 2016.
- The last delivery date for CCD-410 and CCB-400 is December 31, 2015, 5 p.m. pacific time.
- The last purchase date for registering and scheduling CCD-410 and CCB-400 is December 15, 2015, 5 p.m. Pacific time.
- Individuals who have purchased CCD-410 and have an valid, unused reservation may transfer their registration to CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer (CCA175) or to CCP Data Engineer (DE575) for no additional charge (email email@example.com).
The developer program now includes two certification tiers:
- CCA (Cloudera Certified Associate) tests foundational skills and sets forth the groundwork for a candidate to achieve mastery under the CCP program.
- CCP (Cloudera Certified Professional) tests and recognizes a candidate's mastery of the technical skills most sought after by employers.
CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer replaces CCDH and expands its focus from Java MapReduce to include hands-on skills with Apache Spark. CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer requires a two-year renewal.
CCP Data Engineer builds on the success of our CCP Data Scientist program, named one of the top big data certifications in 2015. CCP Data Engineer lets you prove your data engineering talent in a rigorous hands-on environment. CCP Data Engineer requires a three-year mandatory renewal.