Storm in Trucking IoT
As of January 31, 2021, this tutorial references legacy products that no longer represent Cloudera’s current product offerings.
Please visit recommended tutorials:
- How to Create a CDP Private Cloud Base Development Cluster
- All Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) related tutorials
This tutorial will cover the core concepts of Storm and the role it plays in an environment where real-time, low-latency and distributed data processing is important.
We will build a Storm topology from the ground up and demonstrate a full data pipeline, from Internet of Things (IoT) data ingestion from the edge, to data processing with Storm, to persisting this data and viewing it in a visualization web application.
- Downloaded and deployed the Cloudera DataFlow (CDF) Sandbox
- Trucking IoT Use Case - Discuss a real-world use case and understand the role Storm plays within in.
- Running the Demo - Walk through the demo and first gain an understanding of the data pipeline.
- Building a Storm Topology - Dive into Storm internals and build a topology from scratch.
- Deploying the Topology - Package the Storm code and deploy onto your cluster.