By moving from siloed data management environments to an enterprise data hub (EDH) powered by Cloudera, the organization can gain new business intelligence to improve every aspect of operations—sales, marketing, CRM, human resources, finance, and supply chain.
Solocal Group (LOCAL) is a leader in digital local communication in Europe, with revenues of €936 million in 2014. It employs 4,800 people in France, Spain, Austria, and United Kingdom including 2,300 sales advisers to support its 700,000 local and national advertising customers.
PagesJaunes, a Solocal Group company, works with small and micro-businesses to help them develop and grow. And to create successful new services for its users and advertisers, the company needs a constant pulse of the marketplace.
The company sought to transform a rigid legacy environment into a flexible platform would allow staff to exploit and quickly analyze any information—unstructured and structured, from both internal and third party sources.
To more effectively explore data and quickly uncover new insights, the company is moving from siloed data management environments to an enterprise data hub (EDH) powered by Cloudera.
This new open, scalable, and flexible data discovery and analytics environment combines unstructured and structured data from a variety of internal and third party sources to help staff develop a deeper understanding of consumer behavior, market needs, and business risk.
PagesJaunes today uses the Cloudera enterprise data hub to provide its executive team with more up-to-the minute sales figures. The data is refreshed every five minutes as opposed to weekly, which enables executives to take immediate action to keep sales targets on course.
Additionally, by bringing together external data about company revenue, web traffic metrics, and sales data, PagesJaunes can precisely target which customers in which industries to approach with which products.
Media & Entertainment
- Allow staff to exploit and quickly analyze any information—unstructured and structured, from both internal and third party sources
- Apache Hadoop Platform: Cloudera Enterprise, Data Hub Edition
- Apache Hadoop Components: Apache Hive, Apache Impala, Apache Spark, Cloudera Manager, MapReduce
- ETL Tool: Syncsort
- BI and Analytics Tool: Zoomdata
- Data Warehouse: IBM Netezza
- Enterprise data hub empowering BI infrastructure
- Functional data marts across Sales, Marketing, CRM, Human Resources, and Supply Chain
- Reduces time to refresh sales data from weekly to every 5 minutes
- Enables Sales to identify customers most likely to purchase
- Inspires new collaboration between business leaders and BI
Big Data Scale
- 80 TB analyzed every month