Registration and scheduling FAQ
- How do I register for my Cloudera exam?
- Do I need to reregister my Cloudera account?
- How do I schedule an exam?
- Why can't I see the time slot I want?
- How do I reschedule an exam reservation?
- What is your exam cancellation policy?
- Can my eligibility be extended?
- Are there prerequisites? Do I need to take training to take a certification test?
- Where do I take Cloudera certification exams?
- Can I take the exam at a test center?
- What is the confidentiality agreement I must agree to in order to test?
- Fraudulent activity policy
Taking the exam FAQ
- How do I launch my exam?
- What do I need on the day of my exam?
- What are the rules for taking the exam?
- What is the proctor’s job during the exam?
- What am I responsible for during the exam?
- What external websites will I have access to while taking the exam?
- How can I retrieve my forgotten password?
- What if I lose internet connectivity during the exam?
- How can I handle lag?
- What happens if I don't show up for my exam?
- Does the exam proctor have access to my computer or its contents?
After the exam FAQ
- When will I get my results?
- How can I calculate my score?
- Can I review my test or specific test questions and answers?
- Why did I fail this problem?
- What is Cloudera’s retake policy?
- Does my certification expire?
- I passed, but I'd like to take the test again to improve my score. Can I do that?
- I failed, but now I can’t purchase the exam. What do I do?
Registration and scheduling FAQ
How do I Register and Schedule my Cloudera exam?
Follow the link on each exam page to the registration form. Once you complete your registration on university.cloudera.com, you will receive an email with instructions asking you to create an account at examslocal.com in order to schedule your exam.
Do I need to reregister my Cloudera account?
Cloudera has recently merged its Registration and Payment platform into a Single Sign On (SSO) system. If you have purchased an exam in the past, you may be asked to create a new SSO account. Use the same email address that you have been using for your past Cloudera certification exams and your new SSO account will be merged with your existing account.
Steps to schedule your exam
- Create an account at www.examslocal.com. You MUST use the exact same email you used to register on university.cloudera.com.
- Select the exam you purchased from the drop-down list (type Cloudera to find our exams).
- Choose a date and time you would like to take your exam. You must schedule a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
- Select an available time slot for your exam. Time slots are first come, first serve.
- Pass the compatibility tool and install the screen sharing Chrome Extension
Why can't I see the time slot I want?
PSI offers time slots 24 hours a day, every day. Time slots are first come, first serve. If you do not see the time slot that you want, then no proctor is available at that time. At times of peak usage, all available slots for a day may be taken. Schedule early to guarantee that you can take the exam when you want.
How do I reschedule an Exam Reservation?
If you need to reschedule your exam, please sign in at https://www.examslocal.com, click on “My Exams,” click on your scheduled exam and use the reschedule option. Email PSI at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +1-888-504-9178, +1-312-612-1049 for additional support.
What is your exam cancellation policy?
If you wish to reschedule your exam, you must contact Innovative Exams at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Rescheduling less than 24 hours prior to your appointment results in a forfeiture of your exam fees. All exams are non-refundable and non-transferable. All exam purchases are valid for one year from date of purchase.
Can my eligibility be extended?
Exam eligibility is valid for one year from date of purchase. There are no extensions for any reason. If you do not schedule and take your exam before the eligibility expires, you will forfeit your fee.
Are there prerequisites? Do I need to take training to take a certification test?
There are no prerequisites. Anyone can take a Cloudera certification test at anytime.
Where do I take Cloudera certification exams?
Anywhere. All you need is a computer, a webcam, Chrome or Chromium browser, and an internet connection. For a full set of requirements, visit https://www.examslocal.com/ScheduleExam/Home/CompatibilityCheck
Can I take the exam at a test center?
Cloudera does not offer or approve of the delivery of our exams in test centers.
What is the confidentiality agreement I must agree to in order to test?
All content, specifically questions, answers, and exhibits of the certification exams are the proprietary and confidential property of Cloudera. They may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, shared, or distributed in any way without the express written authorization of Cloudera. Candidates who sit for Cloudera exams must agree they have read and will abide by the terms and conditions of the Cloudera Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement before beginning the certification exam. The agreement applies to all exams. Agreeing and adhering to this agreement is required to be officially certified and to maintain valid certification. Candidates must first accept the terms and conditions of the Cloudera Certification and Confidentiality Agreement prior to testing. Failure to accept the terms of this Agreement will result in a terminated exam and forfeiture of the entire exam fee.
If Cloudera determines, in its sole discretion, that a candidate has shared any content of an exam and is in violation of the Cloudera Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement, it reserves the right to take action up to and including, but not limited to, decertification of an individual and a permanent ban of the individual from Cloudera Certification programs, revocation of all previous Cloudera Certifications, notification to the candidate's employer, and notification to law enforcement agencies. Candidates found in violation of the Cloudera Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement forfeit all fees previously paid to Cloudera or to Cloudera's authorized vendors and may be required to pay additional fees for services rendered.
Fraudulent Activity Policy
Cloudera reserves the right to take action against any individual involved in fraudulent activities, including, but not limited to, fraudulent use of vouchers or promotional codes, reselling exam discounts and vouchers, cheating on an exam (including, but not limited to, creating, using, or distributing test dumps), alteration of score reports, alteration of completion certificates, violation of exam retake policies, registering multiple training accounts, or other activities deemed fraudulent by Cloudera.
If Cloudera determines, in its sole discretion, that fraudulent activity has taken place, it reserves the right to take action up to and including, but not limited to, decertification of an individual either temporarily until remediation occurs or as a permanent ban from Cloudera Certification programs, revocation of all previous Cloudera Certifications, notification to a candidate's employer, and notification to law enforcement agencies. Candidates found committing fraudulent activities forfeit all fees previously paid to Cloudera or to Cloudera's authorized vendors and may be required to pay additional fees for services rendered.
Taking the exam FAQ
How do I launch my exam?
To start your exam, login at https://www.examslocal.com, click “My Exams,” and follow the instructions after selecting the exam that you want to start.
What are the rules for taking the exam?
- Your desk and surrounding area must be free of all materials. You may not take notes outside of the exam environment
- You must be alone
- There is no talking during the exam
- You may not wear headphones or earbuds and there is no use of phones or other electronic devices
- Your face must be clearly visible to the proctor at all times. You may not sit in front of a bright light, that is you must not be backlit.
- You may not chew gum, eat, or drink during the exam
- You may not launch any other application on your computer during the exam
- You may not take screenshots of the exam environment
- You may not take a break or leave the webcam view for any reason during your exam. There is an exception for CCP exams lasting longer than 2 hours.
Any violation of these rules may be considered fraud and can immediately end your exam.
What is the proctor’s job during the exam?
The proctor is attending your session by webcam merely to enforce the rules and protect the integrity of the exam. They will verify that you are the correct person, that you have the correct identification documentation, that there are no other people in the room, that you are not using notes, etc. The proctor knows nothing of Hadoop or clusters and has never seen the contents of the exam. They are not there to aid you with any technical issues. You must follow all instructions given by the proctor. You must treat the proctor and all employees with respect.
What am I responsible for during the exam?
These are practical exams. During the exam you will be asked to evaluate a scenario and implement a solution. You are responsible for everything necessary to generate that solution, such as writing code, configuring tools, and debugging any issues. You may use any approach or tools on the cluster that will produce your solution. Only the results will be graded.
What external websites will I have access to while taking the exam?
The exam gateway has a firewall that restricts your access to external resources. You will have whitelisted access to the Apache and Cloudera websites. Other sites we determine to be necessary and appropriate for a given exam may also be made available. Websites like Google, StackOverflow etc. and other search functionality will not be accessible. Downloading external code or packages is not permitted.
How can I retrieve my forgotten password?
To retrieve a forgotten password, please visit: https://www.examslocal.com/Account/LostPassword
What if I lose internet connectivity during the exam?
It is the sole responsibility of the test taker to maintain connectivity throughout the exam session. If connectivity is lost, for any reason, it is the responsibility of the test taker to reconnect and finish the exam within the scheduled time slot. No refunds or retakes will be given. Unfinished or abandoned exam sessions will be scored as a fail. If you are disconnected, reconnect and follow the proctor’s instructions (including resharing your desktop).
How can I handle lag?
You are making a remote connection to a cluster. Furthermore, you are running a remote desktop through that connection. It is recommended for best performance that you use the command-line tools as opposed to running a GUI tool, such as HUE. Use a connected machine instead of wifi, if possible.
What happens if I don't show up for my exam?
You are marked as a no-show for the exam and you forfeit any fees you paid for the exam.
Does the exam proctor have access to my computer or its contents?
No. PSI (the proctor) does not install any software on your computer. The only access the proctor has to your computer is the webcam and desktop sharing facilitated by your web browser. Please note that PSI provides a virtual lockdown browser system that utilizes secure communications and encryption using the temporary Chrome extension. Upon the completion of the exam, the proctor’s view-only access is automatically removed.
After the exam FAQ
When will I get my results?
A score report will be emailed to you after you take the exam. Typically you will get this within a few hours of taking the exam. If you have passed the exam, you will receive your digital certificate three days after taking the exam.
How can I calculate my score?
Cloudera reports Pass/Fail for the exam and for each problem. For each problem that you have failed, you will be told which output requirement you did not complete. Longer or harder problems may be worth more points towards your score. Partial credit is possible so that a pass on a problem does not guarantee 100% and a fail does not guarantee 0%. A numeric score is not provided. Cloudera determines in its sole discretion whether a person has achieved a passing score.
Can I review my test or specific test questions and answers?
Cloudera certification tests adhere to the industry standard for high-stakes certification tests, which includes the protection of all test content. As a certifying body, we go to great lengths to protect the integrity of the items in our item pool. Cloudera does not provide exam items in any other format than a proctored environment.
Why did I fail this problem?
Cloudera must protect the integrity of the exams and does not discuss solutions to any scenarios. Your score report will give you a general reason for any failures.
No Solution Table (or File) - The answer provided does not have a table (or file) named “solution” placed in the correct database (or directory). You have named your answer incorrectly or placed in the wrong location.
Incorrect Schema - The table definition was incorrect. This includes column names, column datatypes, file format/serdes, delimiters, location, or compression type errors.
Incorrect Number of Records - A solution was found but does not have the same number of rows as the key. This could include an incorrect filter or placing your answer in a subdirectory (solution directory present but no records in the required output directory).
Records Contain Incorrect Data - A solution was found, but records did not match the key. This could include a field that was transformed incorrectly or a file with the wrong delimiters between records.
- Incorrect solution SQL - An SQL file was found, but it did not generate any output when run. This could include a lack of database references for the tables.
- Incorrect configuration - The required setting, value, or process was not defined correctly. This may refer to Cloudera Manager settings, command-line parameters, or a required service that is in bad health.
- Stale configuration - The service configuration settings have been changed in Cloudera Manager or via a command-line tool, but the changes have not been propagated to the cluster.
- Service not installed - A service that should have been installed as part of the solution is absent.
- Cluster left in non-functioning state - The cluster was non-operational at the end of the test. This is considered to be an automatic failure of the entire test.
No further details will be provided for why you missed a scenario on the exam.
What is Cloudera’s retake policy?
Candidates who fail an exam must wait a period of thirty (30) calendar days, beginning the day after the failed attempt, before they may retake the same exam. You may take the exam as many times as you want until you pass, however, you must pay for each attempt; Cloudera offers no discounts for retake exams. Retakes are not allowed after the successful completion of a test.
Does my certification expire?
CCA certifications are valid for two years. CCP certifications are valid for three years.
I passed, but I'd like to take the test again to improve my score. Can I do that?
Retakes are not allowed after the successful completion of a test. A test result found to be in violation of the retake policy will not be processed, which will result in no credit awarded for the test taken. Repeat violators will be banned from participation in the Cloudera Certification Program.
I failed, but now I can’t repurchase the exam. What do I do?
You must wait thirty (30) days after a failed attempt before you may schedule the exam again. If you are receiving the error ‘You already have an active enrollment’ please email, email@example.com and your account will be updated by one of our team members.