Long term component architecture
As the main curator of open standards in Hadoop, Cloudera has a track record of bringing new open source solutions into its platform (such as Apache Spark, Apache HBase, and Apache Parquet) that are eventually adopted by the community at large. As standards, you can build longterm architecture on these components with confidence.
With the exception of DSSD support, Cloudera Enterprise 5.6.0 is identical to CDH 5.5.2/Cloudera Manager 5.5.3 If you do not need DSSD support, you do not need to upgrade if you are already using the latest 5.5.x release.
- System Requirements
- What's New
- Supported Operating Systems
- Supported Databases
- Supported JDK Versions
- Supported Browsers
- Supported Internet Protocol
- Supported Transport Layer Security Versions
Supported Operating Systems
Note: All CDH hosts that make up a logical cluster need to run on the same major OS release to be covered by Cloudera Support. Cloudera Manager needs to run on the same OS release as one of the CDH clusters it manages, to be covered by Cloudera Support. The risk of issues caused by running different minor OS releases is considered lower than the risk of running different major OS releases. Cloudera recommends running the same minor release cross-cluster, because it simplifies issue tracking and supportability.
CDH 5 provides 64-bit packages for RHEL-compatible, SLES, Ubuntu, and Debian systems as listed below.
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)-compatible|
|RHEL (+ SELinux mode in available versions)||7.2, 7.1, 6.8, 6.7, 6.6, 6.5, 6.4, 5.11, 5.10, 5.7|
|CentOS (+ SELinux mode in available versions)||7.2, 7.1, 6.8, 6.7, 6.6, 6.5, 6.4, 5.11, 5.10, 5.7|
|Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL) with Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel (UEK)||
7.2 (UEK R2), 7.1, 6.8 (UEK R3), 6.7 (UEK R3),
6.6 (UEK R3), 6.5 (UEK R2, UEK R3),
6.4 (UEK R2), 5.11, 5.10, 5.7
|SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES)||
12 with Service Pack 1,
11 with Service Pack 4,
11 with Service Pack 3,
11 with Service Pack 2
|Hosts running Cloudera Manager Agents must use SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11 SP1.|
Trusty 14.04 - Long-Term Support (LTS)
Precise 12.04 - Long-Term Support (LTS)
Jessie 8.4, 8.2
Wheezy 7.8, 7.1, 7.0
Important: Cloudera supports RHEL 7 with the following limitations:
- Only RHEL 7.2 and 7.1 are supported. RHEL 7.0 is not supported.
- RHEL 7.1 is only supported with CDH 5.5 and higher.
- RHEL 7.2 is only supported with CDH 5.7 and higher.
- Only new installations of RHEL 7.2 and 7.1 are supported by Cloudera. For upgrades to RHEL 7.1 or 7.2, contact your OS vendor and see Does Red Hat support upgrades between major versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux?
- Cloudera Enterprise is supported on platforms with Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux) enabled. Cloudera is not responsible for policy support nor policy enforcement. If you experience issues with SELinux, contact your OS provider.
- CDH 5.9 DataNode hosts with EMC® DSSD™ D5™ are supported by RHEL 6.6, 7.1, and 7.2.
|Component||MariaDB||MySQL||SQLite||PostgreSQL||Oracle||Derby - see Note 5|
|Cloudera Manager||5.5, 10||5.6, 5.5, 5.1||–||9.4, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1. 8.4, 8.3, 8.1||12c, 11gR2|
|Oozie||5.5, 10||5.6, 5.5, 5.1||–||
9.4, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1. 8.4, 8.3, 8.1
See Note 3
|Flume||–||–||–||–||–||Default (for the JDBC Channel only)|
|Hue||5.5, 10||5.6, 5.5, 5.1
See Note 6
9.4, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1. 8.4, 8.3, 8.1
See Note 3
|Hive/Impala||5.5, 10||5.6, 5.5, 5.1
See Note 1
9.4, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1. 8.4, 8.3, 8.1
See Note 3
|Sentry||5.5, 10||5.6, 5.5, 5.1
See Note 1
9.4, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1. 8.4, 8.3, 8.1
See Note 3
|Sqoop 1||5.5, 10||See Note 4||–||See Note 4||See Note 4||–|
|Sqoop 2||5.5, 10||See Note 9||–||–||–||Default|
- Cloudera supports the databases listed above provided they are supported by the underlying operating system on which they run.
- MySQL 5.5 is supported on CDH 5.1. MySQL 5.6 is supported on CDH 5.1 and higher. The InnoDB storage engine must be enabled in the MySQL server.
- Cloudera Manager installation fails if GTID-based replication is enabled in MySQL.
- PostgreSQL 9.2 is supported on CDH 5.1 and higher. PostgreSQL 9.3 is supported on CDH 5.2 and higher. PostgreSQL 9.4 is supported on CDH 5.5 and higher.
- For purposes of transferring data only, Sqoop 1 supports MySQL 5.0 and above, PostgreSQL 8.4 and above, Oracle 10.2 and above, Teradata 13.10 and above, and Netezza TwinFin 5.0 and above. The Sqoop metastore works only with HSQLDB (1.8.0 and higher 1.x versions; the metastore does not work with any HSQLDB 2.x versions).
- Derby is supported as shown in the table, but not always recommended. See the pages for individual components in the Cloudera Installation guide for recommendations.
- CDH 5 Hue requires the default MySQL version of the operating system on which it is being installed, which is usually MySQL 5.1, 5.5, or 5.6.
- When installing a JDBC driver, only the ojdbc6.jar file is supported for both Oracle 11g R2 and Oracle 12c; the ojdbc7.jar file is not supported.
- Sqoop 2 lacks some of the features of Sqoop 1. Cloudera recommends you use Sqoop 1. Use Sqoop 2 only if it contains all the features required for your use case.
- MariaDB 10 is supported only on CDH 5.9 and higher.
Supported JDK Versions
A supported minor JDK release will remain supported throughout a Cloudera major release lifecycle, from the time of its addition forward, unless specifically excluded.
Warning: JDK 1.8u40 and JDK 1.8u60 are excluded from support. Also, the Oozie Web Console returns 500 error when Oozie server runs on JDK 8u75 or higher.
Running CDH nodes within the same cluster on different JDK releases is not supported. JDK release across a cluster needs to match the patch level.
- All nodes in your cluster must run the same Oracle JDK version.
- All services must be deployed on the same Oracle JDK version.
The Cloudera Manager repository is packaged with Oracle JDK 1.7.0_67 (for example) and can be automatically installed during a new installation or an upgrade.
For a full list of supported JDK Versions please see CDH and Cloudera Manager Supported JDK Versions.
- Safari (not supported on Windows)
- Internet Explorer
Hue could display in older versions and even other browsers, but you might not have access to all of its features.
Supported Internet Protocol
CDH requires IPv4. IPv6 is not supported.
See also Configuring Network Names.
Multihoming CDH or Cloudera Manager is not supported outside specifically certified Cloudera partner appliances. Cloudera finds that current Hadoop architectures combined with modern network infrastructures and security practices remove the need for multihoming. Multihoming, however, is beneficial internally in appliance form factors to take advantage of high-bandwidth InfiniBand interconnects.
Although some subareas of the product may work with unsupported custom multihoming configurations, there are known issues with multihoming. In addition, unknown issues may arise because multihoming is not covered by our test matrix outside the Cloudera-certified partner appliances.
Supported Transport Layer Security Versions
The following components are supported by the indicated versions of Transport Layer Security (TLS):
|Cloudera Manager||Cloudera Manager Server||7182||TLS 1.2|
|Cloudera Manager||Cloudera Manager Server||7183||TLS 1.2|
|Flume||Avro Source/Sink||TLS 1.2|
|Flume||Flume HTTP Source/Sink||TLS 1.2|
|HBase||Master||HBase Master Web UI Port||60010||TLS 1.2|
|HDFS||NameNode||Secure NameNode Web UI Port||50470||TLS 1.2|
|HDFS||Secondary NameNode||Secure Secondary NameNode Web UI Port||50495||TLS 1.2|
|HDFS||HttpFS||REST Port||14000||TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2|
|Hive||HiveServer2||HiveServer2 Port||10000||TLS 1.2|
|Hue||Hue Server||Hue HTTP Port||8888||TLS 1.2|
|Impala||Impala Daemon||Impala Daemon Beeswax Port||21000||TLS 1.2|
|Impala||Impala Daemon||Impala Daemon HiveServer2 Port||21050||TLS 1.2|
|Impala||Impala Daemon||Impala Daemon Backend Port||22000||TLS 1.2|
|Impala||Impala StateStore||StateStore Service Port||24000||TLS 1.2|
|Impala||Impala Daemon||Impala Daemon HTTP Server Port||25000||TLS 1.2|
|Impala||Impala StateStore||StateStore HTTP Server Port||25010||TLS 1.2|
|Impala||Impala Catalog Server||Catalog Server HTTP Server Port||25020||TLS 1.2|
|Impala||Impala Catalog Server||Catalog Server Service Port||26000||TLS 1.2|
|Oozie||Oozie Server||Oozie HTTPS Port||11443||TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2|
|Solr||Solr Server||Solr HTTP Port||8983||TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2|
|Solr||Solr Server||Solr HTTPS Port||8985||TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2|
|Spark||History Server||18080||TLS 1.2|
|YARN||ResourceManager||ResourceManager Web Application HTTP Port||8090||TLS 1.2|
|YARN||JobHistory Server||MRv1 JobHistory Web Application HTTP Port||19890||TLS 1.2|
The following upstream issues are fixed in CDH 5.9.2:
- FLUME-2171 - Add Interceptor to remove headers from event
- FLUME-2812 - Fix semaphore leak causing java.lang.Error: Maximum permit count exceeded in MemoryChannel
- FLUME-2889 - Fixes to DateTime computations
- FLUME-2999 - Kafka channel and sink should enable statically assigned partition per event via header
- FLUME-3027 - Change Kafka Channel to clear offsets map after commit
- FLUME-3031 - Change sequence source to reset its counter for event body on channel exception
- FLUME-3049 - Make HDFS sink rotate more reliably in secure mode
- HADOOP-7930 - Kerberos relogin interval in UserGroupInformation should be configurable
- HADOOP-11619 - FTPFileSystem should override getDefaultPort.
- HADOOP-12655 - TestHttpServer.testBindAddress bind port range is wider than expected.
- HADOOP-13433 - Race in UGI.reloginFromKeytab
- HADOOP-13590 - Retry until TGT expires even if the UGI renewal thread encountered exception.
- HADOOP-13627 - Have an explicit KerberosAuthException for UGI to throw, text from public constants
- HADOOP-13641 - Update UGI#spawnAutoRenewalThreadForUserCreds to reduce indentation
- HADOOP-13749 - KMSClientProvider combined with KeyProviderCache can result in wrong UGI being used
- HADOOP-13805 - UGI.getCurrentUser() fails if user does not have a keytab associated
- HADOOP-13838 - KMSTokenRenewer should close providers
- HADOOP-13953 - Make FTPFileSystem's data connection mode and transfer mode configurable
- HADOOP-14003 - Make additional KMS tomcat settings configurable
- HADOOP-14195 - CredentialProviderFactory$getProviders is not thread-safe
- HDFS-10763 - Open files can leak permanently due to inconsistent lease update
- HDFS-11160 - VolumeScanner reports write-in-progress replicas as corrupt incorrectly
- HDFS-11229, HDFS-11056 - failed to close meta file
- HDFS-11275 - Check groupEntryIndex and throw a helpful exception on failures when removing ACL.
- HDFS-11292 - log lastWrittenTxId etc info in logSyncAll
- HDFS-11306 - Print remaining edit logs from buffer if edit log can't be rolled
- HDFS-11363 - Need more diagnosis info when seeing Slow waitForAckedSeqno.
- HDFS-11379 - DFSInputStream may infinite loop requesting block locations
- MAPREDUCE-6172 - TestDbClasses timeouts are too aggressive
- MAPREDUCE-6571 - JobEndNotification info logs are missing in AM container syslog
- MAPREDUCE-6763 - Shuffle server listen queue is too small
- MAPREDUCE-6817 - The format of job start time in JHS is different from those of submit and finish time.
- MAPREDUCE-6839 - TestRecovery.testCrashed failed
- YARN-2306 - Add test for leakage of reservation metrics in fair scheduler.
- YARN-2336 - Fair scheduler's REST API returns a missing '[' bracket JSON for deep queue tree
- YARN-3251 - Fixed a deadlock in CapacityScheduler when computing absoluteMaxAvailableCapacity in LeafQueue
- YARN-3933 - FairScheduler: Multiple calls to completedContainer are not safe.
- YARN-3957 - FairScheduler NPE In FairSchedulerQueueInfo causing scheduler page to return 500.
- YARN-4363 - In TestFairScheduler, testcase should not create FairScheduler redundantly.
- YARN-4544 - All the log messages about rolling monitoring interval are shown with WARN level
- YARN-4555 - TestDefaultContainerExecutor#testContainerLaunchError fails on non-english locale environment
- YARN-5136 - Error in handling event type APP_ATTEMPT_REMOVED to the scheduler
- YARN-5752 - TestLocalResourcesTrackerImpl#testLocalResourceCache times out
- YARN-5859 - TestResourceLocalizationService#testParallelDownloadAttemptsForPublicResource sometimes fails
- YARN-5890 - FairScheduler should log information about AM-resource-usage and max-AM-share for queues
- YARN-5920 - Fix deadlock in TestRMHA.testTransitionedToStandbyShouldNotHang
- YARN-6042 - Dump scheduler and queue state information into FairScheduler DEBUG log.
- YARN-6151 - FS preemption does not consider child queues over fairshare if the parent is under.
- YARN-6175 - FairScheduler: Negative vcore for resource needed to preempt.
- YARN-6264 - AM not launched when a single vcore is available on the cluster.
- HBASE-12949 - Scanner can be stuck in infinite loop if the HFile is corrupted
- HBASE-15125 - BackportHBaseFsck's adoptHdfsOrphan function creates region with wrong end key boundary
- HBASE-15328 - sanity check the redirect used to send master info requests to the embedded regionserver.
- HBASE-15378 - Scanner cannot handle heartbeat message with no results
- HBASE-15587 - FSTableDescriptors.getDescriptor() logs stack trace erroneously
- HBASE-15931 - Add log for long-running tasks in AsyncProcess HBASE-16289 AsyncProcess stuck messages need to print region/server
- HBASE-15955 - Disable action in CatalogJanitor#setEnabled should wait for active cleanup scan to finish
- HBASE-16032 - Possible memory leak in StoreScanner
- HBASE-16062 - Improper error handling in WAL Reader/Writer creation
- HBASE-16146 - Counters are expensive.
- HBASE-16238 - It's useless to catch SESSIONEXPIRED exception and retry in RecoverableZooKeeper
- HBASE-16266 - Do not throw ScannerTimeoutException when catch UnknownScannerException
- HBASE-16304 - HRegion#RegionScannerImpl#handleFileNotFoundException may lead to deadlock when trying to obtain write lock on updatesLock
- HBASE-16350 - Undo server abort from HBASE-14968
- HBASE-16429 - FSHLog: deadlock if rollWriter called when ring buffer filled with appends
- HBASE-16460 - Can't rebuild the BucketAllocator's data structures when BucketCache uses FileIOEngine
- HBASE-16604 - Scanner retries on IOException can cause the scans to miss data
- HBASE-16662 - Fix open POODLE vulnerabilities
- HBASE-16721 - Concurrency issue in WAL unflushed seqId tracking
- HBASE-16807 - RegionServer will fail to report new active Hmaster until HMaster/RegionServer failover.
- HBASE-16841 - Data loss in MOB files after cloning a snapshot and deleting that snapshot
- HBASE-16931 - Setting cell's seqId to zero in compaction flow might cause RS down.
- HBASE-16960 - RegionServer hang when aborting
- HBASE-17020 - keylen in midkey() dont computed correctly
- HBASE-17023 - Region left unassigned due to AM and SSH each thinking others would do the assignment work
- HBASE-17044 - Fix merge failed before creating merged region leaves meta inconsistent
- HBASE-17058 - Lower epsilon used for jitter verification from HBASE-15324
- HBASE-17069 - RegionServer writes invalid META entries for split daughters in some circumstances
- HBASE-17072 - CPU usage starts to climb up to 90-100% when using G1GC; purge ThreadLocal usage
- HBASE-17206 - FSHLog may roll a new writer successfully with unflushed entries
- HBASE-17241 - Avoid compacting already compacted mob files with _del files
- HBASE-17265 - Region left unassigned in master failover when region failed to open
- HBASE-17275 - Assign timeout may cause region to be unassigned forever
- HBASE-17328 - Properly dispose of looped replication peers
- HBASE-17381 - ReplicationSourceWorkerThread can die due to unhandled exceptions
- HBASE-17409 - Limit jsonp callback name to prevent xss
- HBASE-17452 - Failed taking snapshot - region Manifest proto-message too large
- HBASE-17522 - Handle JVM throwing runtime exceptions when we ask for details on heap usage the same as a correctly returned 'undefined'.
- HBASE-17558 - ZK dumping jsp should escape HTML.
- HBASE-17561 - table status page should escape values that may contain arbitrary characters.
- HBASE-17675 - ReplicationEndpoint should choose new sinks if a SaslException occurs
- HIVE-7723 - Explain plan for complex query with lots of partitions is slow due to in-efficient collection used to find a matching ReadEntity
- HIVE-10329 - Hadoop reflectionutils has issues ADDENDUM The backport only includes the ADDENDUM part which has the ReflectionUtils class.
- HIVE-11594 - Analyze Table for column names with embedded spaces
- HIVE-11849 - NPE in HiveHBaseTableShapshotInputFormat in query with just count(*)
- HIVE-12179 - Add option to not add spark-assembly.jar to Hive classpath
- HIVE-12349 - NPE in ORG SARG for IS NULL queries on Timestamp and Date column
- HIVE-12465 - Hive might produce wrong results when (outer) joins are merged
- HIVE-12619 - Switching the field order within an array of structs causes the query to fail
- HIVE-12768 - Thread safety: binary sortable serde decimal deserialization
- HIVE-12780 - Fix the output of the history command in Beeline
- HIVE-12789 - Fix output twice in the history command of Beeline
- HIVE-12976 - MetaStoreDirectSql doesn't batch IN lists in all cases
- HIVE-13129 - CliService leaks HMS connection
- HIVE-13149 - Remove some unnecessary HMS connections from HS2
- HIVE-13240 - GroupByOperator: Drop the hash aggregates when closing operator
- HIVE-13539 - HiveHFileOutputFormat searching the wrong directory for HFiles
- HIVE-13864 - Beeline ignores the command that follows a semicolon and comment
- HIVE-13866 - flatten callstack for directSQL errors
- HIVE-13895 - HoS start-up overhead in yarn-client mode
- HIVE-13904 - Ignore case when retrieving ColumnInfo from RowResolver
- HIVE-13936 - Add streaming support for row_number
- HIVE-14210 - ExecDriver should call jobclient.close() to trigger cleanup
- HIVE-14693 - Some paritions will be left out when partition number is the multiple of the option hive.msck.repair.batch.size
- HIVE-14764 - Enabling "hive.metastore.metrics.enabled" throws OOM in HiveMetastore
- HIVE-14819 - FunctionInfo for permanent functions shows TEMPORARY FunctionType
- HIVE-14820 - RPC server for spark inside HS2 is not getting server address properly
- HIVE-14924 - MSCK REPAIR table with single threaded is throwing null pointer exception
- HIVE-15282 - Different modification times are used when an index is built and when its staleness is checked
- HIVE-15291 - Comparison of timestamp fails if only date part is provided
- HIVE-15338 - Wrong result from non-vectorized DATEDIFF with scalar parameter of type DATE/TIMESTAMP
- HIVE-15346 - "values temp table" should not be an input
- HIVE-15410 - WebHCat supports get/set table property with its name containing period and hyphen
- HIVE-15485 - Addendum toInvestigate the DoAs failure in HoS
- HIVE-15485 - Investigate the DoAs failure in HoS
- HIVE-15517 - NOT (x <=> y) returns NULL if x or y is NULL
- HIVE-15551 - memory leak in directsql for mysql+bonecp specific initialization
- HIVE-15572 - Improve the response time for query canceling when it happens during acquiring locks
- HIVE-15735 - In some cases, view objects inside a view do not have parents.
- HIVE-15782 - query on parquet table returns incorrect result when hive.optimize.index.filter is set to true
- HIVE-15872 - The PERCENTILE_APPROX UDAF does not work with empty set
- HIVE-15997 - Resource leaks when query is cancelled
- HIVE-16019 - Query fails when group by/order by on same column with uppercase name
- HIVE-16024 - MSCK Repair Requires nonstrict hive.mapred.mode
- HIVE-16047 - Shouldn't try to get KeyProvider unless encryption is enabled
- HIVE-16156 - FileSinkOperator should delete existing output target when renaming
- HIVE-16175 - Possible race condition in InstanceCache
- HUE-3079 - [jb] Display jobs from JHS (YARN and Spark) and their logs when not in RM
- HUE-4546 - [editor] Cannot execute any Hive query: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'update_data'
- HUE-4969 - [core] Rename ini properties for sasl buffer to be standard, fixing Support hive.server2.thrift.sasl.qop="auth-conf"
- HUE-5268 - [editor] Autocompleter should not suggest columns without tables
- HUE-5281 - [core] Log real user real ip when using a load balancer
- HUE-5295 - [desktop] Avoid microsecond comparison for last_modified field MySQL < 5.6 doesn't support microsecond precision. https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/19716. Do not change the last_modified field when migrating history queries
- HUE-5305 - [home] Fix empty share document modal and improve sharing UX
- HUE-5310 - [search] Use Doc2 modal in search_controller
- HUE-5390 - [assist] Fix for incorrect column order
- HUE-5408 - [oozie] Support old docs while saving shared workflow
- HUE-5476 - [core] Fix TTL is_idle middleware check
- HUE-5482 - [home] Handle multiple home/trash directories by merging them into one.
- HUE-5533 - [home] Improve home page load time
- HUE-5602 - [jb] Make date filter more user friendly. Add start time filter in jobs page. Make start time filter compatible with python2.6.
- HUE-5605 - [metadata] Do not enable if desktop auth_password is set
- HUE-5670 - [doc2] Prevent exception when doc2 object is not linked to doc1
- HUE-5679 - [impala] Do not truncate the last part of rows in result downloads
- HUE-5684 - [oozie] Prevent page break when hiding workflow graph. Hide workflow graph when node count > 30
- HUE-5714 - [hive] Close SQL canary query "Select "Hello World""
- HUE-5722 - [core] Avoid query redaction when string is None
- HUE-5742 - [core] Set default schema to public. Allow user to provide schema name for database via ini
- HUE-5756 - [doc2] Workaround for improving the query history search time
- HUE-5758 - [oozie] Fix parsing nodes from XML definition
- HUE-5769 - [oozie] Remove mandatory inclusion of Kill row in the workflow dashobard graph
- HUE-5823 - [editor] Cancel running doc search requests when the query has changed
- HUE-5958 - [pig] Fix unicode errors when handling exceptions
- HUE-5962 - [hiveserver2] Update HiveServerClient user object when opening session
- HUE-5984 - [search] Escaping corrupts link-meta for building external links in grid dashboard
- HUE-6075 - [oozie] Remove email body while displaying external graphs in dashboard
- HUE-6090 - Hue to do a keep alive on idle sessions to HiveServer2
- HUE-6103 - [fb] Log filesystem initialization exceptions
- HUE-6104 - [aws] Check if boto configuration section exists before adding it
- IMPALA-1702 - Enforce single-table consistency in query analysis.
- IMPALA-2864 - Ensure that client connections are closed after a failed Open()
- IMPALA-3167 - Fix assignment of WHERE conjunct through grouping agg + OJ.
- IMPALA-3314 - Fix Avro schema loading for partitioned tables.
- IMPALA-3552 - Make incremental stats max serialized size configurable
- IMPALA-3875 - Thrift threaded server hang in some cases
- IMPALA-3884 - Support TYPE_TIMESTAMP for HashTableCtx::CodegenAssignNullValue()
- IMPALA-3983 - IMPALA-3974: Delete function jar resources after load
- IMPALA-4020 - Handle external conflicting changes to HMS gracefully
- IMPALA-4037 - IMPALA-4038: fix locking during query cancellation
- IMPALA-4180 - Synchronize accesses to RuntimeState::reader_contexts_
- IMPALA-4260 - Alter table add column drops all the column stats
- IMPALA-4263 - Fix wrong ommission of agg/analytic hash exchanges.
- IMPALA-4266 - Java udf returning string can give incorrect results
- IMPALA-4282 - Remove max length check for type strings.
- IMPALA-4291 - Reduce LLVM module's preparation time
- IMPALA-4363 - IMPALA-4585: Add Parquet timestamp validation
- IMPALA-4391 - fix dropped statuses in scanners
- IMPALA-4433 - Always generate testdata using the same time zone setting
- IMPALA-4449 - Revisit table locking pattern in the catalog
- IMPALA-4488 - HS2 GetOperationStatus() should keep session alive
- IMPALA-4494 - IMPALA-4540: Fix crash in SimpleScheduler
- IMPALA-4516 - Don't hold process wide lock connection_to_sessions_map_lock_ while cancelling queries
- IMPALA-4518 - CopyStringVal() doesn't copy null string
- IMPALA-4539 - fix bug when scratch batch references I/O buffers
- IMPALA-4550 - Fix CastExpr analysis for substituted slots
- IMPALA-4579 - SHOW CREATE VIEW fails for view containing a subquery
- IMPALA-4705 - IMPALA-4779, IMPALA-4780: Fix some Expr bugs with codegen
- IMPALA-4765 - Avoid using several loading threads on one table.
- IMPALA-4767 - Workaround for HIVE-15653 to preserve table stats.
- IMPALA-4916 - Fix maintenance of set of item sets in DisjointSet.
- IMPALA-4929 - Safe concurrent access to IR function call graph
- IMPALA-4995 - Fix integer overflow in TopNNode::PrepareForOutput
- IMPALA-4997 - Fix overflows in Sorter::TupleIterator
- IMPALA-5005 - Don't allow server to send SASL COMPLETE msg out of order
- IMPALA-4391 - fix dropped status in scanners
- OOZIE-2194 - oozie job -kill doesn't work with spark action
- OOZIE-2243 - Kill Command does not kill the child job for java action
- OOZIE-2519 - Oozie HA with SSL info is slightly incorrect
- OOZIE-2584 - Eliminate Thread.sleep() calls in TestMemoryLocks
- OOZIE-2659 - TestPauseTransitService is flaky
- OOZIE-2678 - Oozie job -kill doesn't work with tez jobs
- OOZIE-2731 - Set yarn.nodemanager.disk-health-checker.max-disk-utilization-per-disk-percentage to a higher value in tests
- OOZIE-2742 - Unable to kill applications based on tag
- OOZIE-2748 - NPE in LauncherMapper.printArgs()
- OOZIE-2757 - Malformed xml is Spark action doc page
- OOZIE-2777 - Config-default.xml longer than 64k results in java.io.UTFDataFormatException
- PIG-5025 - Fix flaky test failures in TestLoad.java
- SENTRY-1260 - Improve error handling - ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in PathsUpdate.parsePath can cause MetastoreCacheInitializer intialization to fail
- SENTRY-1270 - Improve error handling - Database with malformed URI causes NPE in HMS plugin during DDL
- SENTRY-1390 - Add test cases to ensure usability of URI privileges for HMS binding
- SENTRY-1508 - MetastorePlugin.java does not handle properly initialization failure
- SENTRY-1520 - Provide mechanism for triggering HMS full snapshot
- SENTRY-1564 - Improve error detection and reporting in MetastoreCacheInitializer.java
- SOLR-5776 - backportEnabled SSL tests can easily exhaust random generator entropy and block. Set the server side to SHA1PRNG as in Steve's original patch. Use less SSL in a test run. refactor SSLConfig so that SSLTestConfig can provide SSLContexts using a NullSecureRandom to prevent SSL tests from blocking on entropy starved machines Alternate (psuedo random) NullSecureRandom for Constants.SUN_OS replace NullSecureRandom w/ NotSecurePsuedoRandom
- SOLR-9284 - The HDFS BlockDirectoryCache should not let it's keysToRelease or names maps grow indefinitely.
- SOLR-9330 - Fix AlreadyClosedException on admin/mbeans?stats=true
- SOLR-9699 - SOLR-4668: fix exception from core status in parallel with core reload
- SOLR-9819 - Upgrade Apache commons-fileupload to 1.3.2, fixing a security vulnerability
- SOLR-9836 - Add ability to recover from leader when index corruption is detected on SolrCore creation.
- SOLR-9859 - backport ofreplication.properties cannot be updated after being written and neither replication.properties or index.properties are durable in the face of a crash. Don't log error on NoSuchFileException
- SOLR-9901 - backport of, SOLR-9899: Implement move in HdfsDirectoryFactory. SOLR-9899: StandardDirectoryFactory should use optimizations for all FilterDirectorys not just NRTCachingDirectory.
- SOLR-10031 - Validation of filename params in ReplicationHandler
- SOLR-10114, SOLR-9941 - Reordered delete-by-query can delete or omit child documents
- SOLR-10119 - TestReplicationHandler assertion fixes part of
- SOLR-10121, SOLR-10116 - BlockCache corruption with high concurrency
- SOLR-10360 - Remove an extra space from Hadoop distcp cmd used by Solr backup/restore
- SPARK-12241 - [YARN] Improve failure reporting in Yarn client obtainTokenForHBase()
- SPARK-12523 - [YARN] Support long-running of the Spark On HBase and hive meta store.
- SPARK-13112 - [CORE] Make sure RegisterExecutorResponse arrive before LaunchTask
- SPARK-13566 - [CORE] Avoid deadlock between BlockManager and Executor Thread
- SPARK-13958 - Executor OOM due to unbounded growth of pointer array inâ€¦
- SPARK-14204 - [SQL] register driverClass rather than user-specified class
- SPARK-16044 - [SQL] Backport input_file_name() for data source based on NewHadoopRDD to branch 1.6
- SPARK-16230 - [CORE] CoarseGrainedExecutorBackend to self kill if there is an exception while creating an Executor
- SPARK-17245 - [SQL][BRANCH-1.6] Do not rely on Hive's session state to retrieve HiveConf
- SPARK-17465 - [SPARK CORE] Inappropriate memory management in `org.apache.spark.storage.MemoryStore` may lead to memory leak
- SPARK-18750 - [YARN] Avoid using "mapValues" when allocating containers.
- SPARK-19178 - [SQL][Backport-to-1.6] convert string of large numbers to int should return null
- SQOOP-2349 - Add command line option for setting transaction isolation levels for metadata queries
- SQOOP-2896 - Sqoop exec job fails with SQLException Access denied for user
- SQOOP-2909 - Oracle related ImportTest fails after SQOOP-2737
- SQOOP-2911 - Fix failing HCatalogExportTest caused by SQOOP-2863
- SQOOP-2950 - Sqoop trunk has consistent UT failures - need fixing
- SQOOP-2990 - Sqoop(oracle) export [updateTableToOracle] with "--update-mode allowinsert" : app fails with java.sql.SQLException: Missing IN or OUT parameter at index
- SQOOP-3013 - Configuration "tmpjars" is not checked for empty strings before passing to MR
- SQOOP-3028 - Include stack trace in the logging of exceptions in ExportTool
- SQOOP-3053 - Create a cmd line argument for sqoop.throwOnError and use it through SqoopOptions
- SQOOP-3055 - Fixing MySQL tests failing due to ignored test inputs/configuration
- SQOOP-3057 - Fixing 3rd party Oracle tests failing due to invalid case of column names
- SQOOP-3066 - Introduce an option + env variable to enable/disable SQOOP-2737 feature
- SQOOP-3068 - Enhance error (tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: Expected schema) to suggest workaround
- SQOOP-3069 - Get OracleExportTest#testUpsertTestExport in line with SQOOP-3066
- SQOOP-3071 - Fix OracleManager to apply localTimeZone correctly in case of Date objects too
- SQOOP-3072 - Reenable escaping in ImportTest#testProductWithWhiteSpaceImport for proper execution
- SQOOP-3081 - use OracleEscapeUtils.escapeIdentifier in OracleUpsertOutputFormat instead of inline appending quotes
- SQOOP-3124 - Fix ordering in column list query of PostgreSQL connector to reflect the logical order instead of adhoc ordering
- SQOOP-3140 - Removing deprecated mapred.map.max.attempts, mapred.reduce.max.attempts entries and using the new constants directly from Hadoop instead
- SQOOP-3159 - Sqoop (export + --table) with Oracle table_name having '$' fails with error
Want to Get Involved or Learn More?
Check out our other resources
Cloudera Educational Services
Receive expert Hadoop training through Cloudera Educational Services, the industry's only truly dynamic Hadoop training curriculum that’s updated regularly to reflect the state of the art in big data.