- System Requirements
- What's New
The recommended minimum hardware specifications are as follows:
- Processor: 2 GHz 64-bit quad core
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Storage: 40 GB on moderate- to high-performance disk drives
Key Trustee KMS supports the following Linux distributions:
- RHEL and CentOS: 5.7, 5.10, 6.4, 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, 6.8, 6.9, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3
- Oracle Enterprise Linux: 5.7, 5.10, 5.11, 6.4, 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, 6.8, 6.9, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3
- SLES: 11 SP2, 11 SP3, 11 SP4, 12 SP1, 12 SP2
- Debian: 7.1, 7.8, 8.2, 8.4
- Ubuntu: 12.04, 14.04, 16.04
The Key Trustee KMS workload is CPU-intensive. Cloudera recommends using machines with capabilities equivalent to your NameNode hosts, with Intel CPUs that support AES-NI for optimum performance.
Issues Fixed in Cloudera HSM KMS 5.12.1
Key version number information now reported correctly by Hadoop key list -metadataoperation after key roll.
Previously, after the key roll operation, the key's version number remained the same. Now, rather than returning a hard-coded version number on keys loaded from metastore, that information is returned dynamically.
Want to Get Involved or Learn More?
Check out our other resources
Receive expert Hadoop training through Cloudera University, the industry's only truly dynamic Hadoop training curriculum that’s updated regularly to reflect the state of the art in big data.