- System Requirements
- What's New
Recommended Hardware and Supported Distributions
The recommended minimum hardware specifications are as follows:
- Processor: 2 GHz 64-bit quad core
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Storage: 40 GB on moderate- to high-performance disk drives
Key Trustee KMS supports the following Linux distributions:
- RHEL and CentOS: 5.7, 5.10, 6.4, 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, 7.1
- Oracle Enterprise Linux: 5.7, 5.10, 6.4, 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, 7.1
- SLES: 11 SP2, 11 SP3
- Debian: 7.1
- Ubuntu: 12.04, 14.04
The Key Trustee KMS workload is CPU-intensive. Cloudera recommends using machines with capabilities equivalent to your NameNode hosts, with Intel CPUs that support AES-NI for optimum performance.
What's new in Key Trustee KMS 5.5
- A Key Administrator role in Cloudera Manager is used for configuring HDFS Data at Rest Encryption. Only a Key Administrator and a Full Administrator can make configuration changes to Java Keystore KMS, Key Trustee KMS, and Key Trustee Server. Configuring HDFS to use Data at Rest Encryption is also limited to the Key Administrator and Full Administrator roles. This allows organizations to keep Key Administrators and Cluster Administrators separate, which is a security best practice.
- When running Key Trustee KMS in a highly available configuration, Cloudera Manager can automatically generate the load-balancer URL.
Want to Get Involved or Learn More?
Check out our other resources
Cloudera Educational Services
Receive expert Hadoop training through Cloudera Educational Services, the industry's only truly dynamic Hadoop training curriculum that’s updated regularly to reflect the state of the art in big data.