- System Requirements
Recommended Hardware and Supported Distributions
The recommended minimum hardware specifications are as follows:
- Processor: 2 GHz 64-bit quad core
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Storage: 40 GB on moderate- to high-performance disk drives
Key Trustee KMS supports the following Linux distributions:
- RHEL and CentOS: 5.7, 5.10, 6.4, 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, 7.1, 7.2
- Oracle Enterprise Linux: 5.7, 5.10, 5.11, 6.4, 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, 7.1, 7.2
- SLES: 11 SP2, 11 SP3, 11 SP4
- Debian: 7.1, 7.8
- Ubuntu: 12.04, 14.04
The Key Trustee KMS workload is CPU-intensive. Cloudera recommends using machines with capabilities equivalent to your NameNode hosts, with Intel CPUs that support AES-NI for optimum performance.
Want to Get Involved or Learn More?
Check out our other resources
Receive expert Hadoop training through Cloudera University, the industry's only truly dynamic Hadoop training curriculum that’s updated regularly to reflect the state of the art in big data.