Showcasing your success with data
This annual event recognizes the best of the best organizations, like yours, running the Cloudera platform, and your innovations. We’ll showcase the impact your projects are having within your organization, on your business’ bottom line, and on the world.
Nominations close July 20, 2018 and winners will be announced at a celebration event on September 11, 2018 during the week of the Strata Data Conference, in New York. Organizations may be nominated by their own employees or by partners, vendors, or peers, with nominee’s consent.
The winning organizations' implementations demonstrate outstanding objectives in their mission, technical advancement, and overall impact.
Highlighting achievements in 9 categories
This theme showcases projects that generate top-line growth, bottom-line savings, increased competitive advantage, and/or net-new revenue streams.
This theme showcases technical innovation and improved efficiencies that impact the wider organization and your customers.
Enterprise machine learning
Applying data science and machine learning to augment, improve, or automate human decision-making for better business and customer outcomes.
Modern data warehousing
This theme captures unique use cases not represented above, including impact outside the business sphere as well as that driven by the newest Cloudera users.
Rookie of the year
Delivering the most impressive measurable results to make the impossible possible for an organization just starting its Cloudera journey in the past 12 months.
Positively impacting society, the planet, or humankind with a modern data platform.
“With more data, connectivity and automation, we are able to help organizations solve challenges in real time that weren’t possible before. We expect this year’s nominations and winners will invent disruptive technologies that will create new markets and enhance the way we live and work.”
—Mick Hollison, CMO, Cloudera
Data Impact Award prizes
“The Data Impact Awards: This is the ‘academy awards’ of data solutions.”
— Bob Gourley, founder Crucial Point and publisher, CTOvision.com, 2017 Data Impact Awards judge
- Nominees must be on the Cloudera platform (typically CDH) running in a production environment to qualify. Nominees need not be paying Cloudera Enterprise customers.
- Upon nomination submission, nominees will be required to provide explicit consent for being nominated for a 2018 Data Impact Award and for sharing the information disclosed in their nomination with the 2018 Data Impact Award judges. The Data Impact Award judges will not publish information about any nominee or their use case information without explicit prior consent.
- Cloudera will announce award winners at the 2018 Strata Data Conference in New York during an invitation-only dinner event on Tuesday, September 11, 2018. It will also be announced and promoted with a blog and press release that will be available on www.cloudera.com. Use case information provided in the nomination form may be included in the blog and press release announcements, but all winners will have the opportunity to review that content before it is published.
- Cloudera reserves the right to contact nominees regarding publishing a written case study summary based on the information provided in the Data Impact Awards nomination form. We will not publish any named customer case study without explicit prior written permission.
- If you have questions about the Data Impact Awards, please email ClouderaEngaged@cloudera.com.
- Promotion open to nominees 18 years or older (or of majority under applicable law, whichever is older) who run Cloudera in a production data management environment. Entry deadline is 11:59 p.m. PDT on July 20, 2018. Click here for Official Rules and more start/end date information. Winners will be selected by a group of judges chosen by Cloudera management. To enter, follow the directions above to complete the submission form by the entry deadline. Void where prohibited.
 Grow your business projects are often accomplished by eliminating data silos to access/share data of different types and providing a more comprehensive view of customers, patients, citizens, or other stakeholders.
 Modern data warehousing can be implementing new BI/SQL applications, migrating BI workloads from an EDW, replacing legacy data marts/warehouses or for net-new SQL applications/dashboards.
 Cloud applications that show significant innovation in a development or test environment may also be nominated.
 Business transformation is enabled by multiple disciplines spanning data science, data engineering, analytic and/or operational workloads.
 If the business transformation nomination also fits in another category, please submit for both.
 Enrollees will have access to the course and exercise environment (if applicable) for 180 days. Libraries are not included.
 Individual judges do not judge any category with nominations from organizations affiliated with the judge’s organization or the judge.