Why Cloudera + Intel?
In the past few decades, Intel has been the pioneer and the force behind major shifts and advances of technologies: from UNIX on RISC architecture to Linux on Intel Architecture in the 1980s; from physical dedicated servers to virtualized environment in 2008; and from on-premise dedicated clusters to Cloud computing in the early 2010s. Today, big data is one of the most innovative trends in data management and Apache Hadoop is the primary technology. By uniting Cloudera’s leading enterprise analytic data management software powered by Apache Hadoop with the data center architecture based on Intel® Xeon® technology, this becomes the fastest way to achieve industry adoption of big data solutions, making it easier for companies of all sizes to obtain increased business value from data by deploying open source Hadoop solutions.
Joint Solution Overview
The power to drive the inflection points in data center technologies lies with the ability to have software and silicon co-evolve to deliver dramatic gains. That is, to have software written to take advantage of the features that are embedded into silicon, servers, storage, and network solutions, allowing innovative technologies to become pervasive. With big data, Intel’s first and foremost objective is to see the growth of Hadoop adoption in the enterprise while keeping the platform open, enabling more enterprises to benefit from big data analytics.
Cloudera, through the Cloudera Enterprise, has delivered a series of enterprise-grade innovations to Hadoop and has maintained the commitment to the open source from founding to this day. By bringing together Intel, a world leader in computing innovation, and Cloudera, the leader in enterprise analytic data management powered by Apache Hadoop, Cloudera and Intel are able to accelerate the pace of innovation and deliver customer value on a leadership platform for the market.
Apache Spot for Cybersecurity in the Partner Solutions Gallery
- Download Partnership Brief
- Video - Intel CIO & Cloudera CEO Talk Use Cases
- Video - Intel's Chief Data Scientist for Big Data Solutions: Seeking Truth with Big Data Analytics
- Video - Entertainment Marketing with Intel Xeon Processors and a Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub
- Webinar – Intel and Cloudera: Accelerating Enterprise Big Data Success
- Bloomberg Interview – Why Cloudera Partnership is so Important to Intel
- Customer Case Study - Intel and Cloudera Help Design a Content Recommendation Engine for Chinese Content
- Customer Case Study - Intel and Cloudera Use Predictive Analytics to Help a Large Hospital Group Reduce Readmission Rates
- Customer Case Study - Intel and Cloudera Provide a Scalable, Fault-Tolerant Hadoop-Based Big Data Solution
- Customer Case Study - Intel and Cloudera Help a Company Use Predictive Analytics to Foresee Future Purchasing Behaviors
- Customer Case Study - Intel and Cloudera Help Improve a Company’s Text-Based Searches Resulting in Increased Revenue
- Customer Case Study - Intel and Cloudera Use Telematics and Analytics to Personalize Auto Insurance Coverage
- Customer Case Study - Intel and Cloudera Improve Company’s Social Media Marketing Dashboard and Drive Down Costs
- Customer Case Study - Intel and Cloudera Reduce Insurance Fraud and Dramatically Improve Time to Access Claim Data
- Customer Case Study - Intel and Cloudera Help a Large Hospital Group Allocate Resources by Predicting Patient Length-of-Stay
- Customer Case Study - Intel and Cloudera Improve Company’s Predictive Analysis Abilities and Boost Sales
- Accelerate Hadoop innovation via open source by committing to strengthen Hadoop projects, contributing its innovation to the various open source projects in areas such as performance, security, and manageability
- Enable Cloudera on Intel Architecture (IA) to deliver dramatic gains by jointly develop roadmaps to optimize data processing workloads at the silicon level, and to optimize to deliver faster insights, better security, with less complexity
- Foster evolution of big data ecosystem by allowing organizations to leverage existing assets and investments to become truly information-driven enterprise