Single View of Patient
Single View of Patient is more than just consolidating patient data into one place; it’s about using data to improve patient care and to enhance patient and physician satisfaction.
WHAT IT IS
Right patient, right information, right time, right place
The healthcare industry continues to be under scrutiny and pressure to reduce costs while improving quality of care. While the industry is becoming more data-driven, the data landscape continues to evolve, making it more complex for healthcare organizations to drive insight and change. Unstructured data accounts for 80% of the information that healthcare organizations rely on, and that data is growing exponentially. Getting access to this unstructured data—ranging from medical devices, physician notes, lab results, imaging reports to clinical data, genomics data, and sentiment data—is invaluable for determining the right treatment plans for improving patient care and driving innovation. With easy access to all data sources to provide a single view of the patient, healthcare organizations can: - Identify at-risk individuals for healthcare conditions, such as congestive heart failure or diabetes, and recommend proven treatment plans - Monitor patients in real time and alert care providers the moment there is a change in a patient’s condition - Implement provider scorecards to drive improvements and ensure consistent patient care - Reduce fraud and abuse with strict policies and procedures for safeguarding healthcare data
HOW IT WORKS
Example of how a healthcare organization can benefit from single view of patient:
- Healthcare organizations are consuming data from different sources such as EMR/EHR data, imaging data, genomics data, customer survey data, financial data, demographic data and more – on a regular basis
- Data can be ingested into an enterprise data warehouse (EDW), a big data store such as Hadoop or NoSQL, or both
- The data is processed and summarized at the customer’s unique ID level to build the 360-degree view
- Accurate and governed customer data is routed to the appropriate analytics views for each role, including medical staff, scientists and researchers and healthcare administrators
- As a further option, critical data points can be embedded into existing internal applications, so key stakeholders are able to access analytics within existing and familiar processes, for more efficient data-driven decisions
Pentaho, a Hitachi Group company, is a leading data integration and business analytics company with an enterprise-class, open source-based platform for diverse big data deployments. Pentaho’s unified data integration and analytics platform is comprehensive, completely embeddable and delivers governed data to power any analytics in any environment.
- Continuous collaboration to address the big data market and customer challenges use cases
- Pentaho’s Analytics Platform is deeply integrated and optimized for Cloudera Enterprise
- Pentaho's Big Data Integration and Analytics platform gives organizations a competitive edge in a data-driven enterprise