As of January 31, 2021, this tutorial references legacy products that no longer represent Cloudera’s current product offerings.
Please visit recommended tutorials:
- How to Create a CDP Private Cloud Base Development Cluster
- All Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) related tutorials
In this tutorial, you will verify your sandbox IP is mapped to your desired hostname, your admin password is setup, all services not needed are turned off and Druid is turned on.
- Map Sandbox IP to hostname, if you need help, reference Learning the Ropes of the HDP Sandbox tutorial section ENVIRONMENT SETUP, go to Map Sandbox IP To Your Desired Hostname In The Hosts File in that tutorial
- Set the Ambari admin password for HDP, if you need help, reference Learning the Ropes of the HDP Sandbox tutorial section Admin Password Reset
- Install Shell Interpreter for Zeppelin, if you need help, reference Getting Started with Apache Zeppelin tutorial section INSTALLING AN INTERPRETER
If unsure, login to Ambari admin Dashboard for HDP at http://sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com:8080. Verify Druid starts up and is off maintenance mode. Verify Oozie, Infra Solr and Ranger are turned off and are on maintenance mode.
To turn on or off services, for a service, click ACTIONS -> Start or Stop. Similarily to turn on or off maintenance mode, click Turn On Maintenance Mode.
Congratulations. You have now have setup the development environment for Druid on the HDP Sandbox. You are ready to do data ingestion with Druid.