Kafka in Trucking IoT
As of January 31, 2021, this tutorial references legacy products that no longer represent Cloudera’s current product offerings.
Please visit recommended tutorials:
- How to Create a CDP Private Cloud Base Development Cluster
- All Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) related tutorials
This tutorial covers the core concepts of Apache Kafka and the role it plays in an environment in which reliability, scalability, durability and performance are important.
We will create Kafka Topics (category queues) for handling large volumes of data in the data pipeline acting as a connection between Internet of Things (IoT) data and Storm topology.
- Downloaded and deployed the Cloudera DataFlow (CDF) Sandbox
- Kafka Messaging System Fundamentals - Understand the messaging system concepts that apply to Kafka
- Explore Kafka in the Demo- Gain an understanding of Kafka Topics used in the demo and explore commands for exploring the data in Kafka
- Learn Basic Operations of Kafka- Dive into Kafka and learn basic operations in Kafka