Open source big data: An ecosystem of projects
Apache Hadoop is an open source software platform for distributed storage and distributed processing of very large data sets on computer clusters built from commodity hardware. Hadoop services provide for data storage, data processing, data access, data governance, security, and operations.
Cloudera's open source credentials
- Cloudera is the first and original source of a supported, 100% open source Hadoop distribution (CDH)—which has been downloaded more than all others combined.
- Cloudera has contributed more code and features to the Hadoop ecosystem, not just the core, and shipped more of them, than any competitor.
- Cloudera employs the most contributors and committers across open standards in the ecosystem, not just the core.
- Cloudera employees have founded more (20+) successful Hadoop ecosystem projects than any competitor, including Apache Hadoop itself.
- For components that are supported by multiple vendors (i.e., standards), more than half of all Apache JIRAs that are assigned to platform vendor employees are closed/resolved by Cloudera employees.
- Cloudera engineers currently occupy more than 100 Apache committer seats (and more than 80 project management committee seats) across all projects that we support.
The best support for customer success
Cloudera’s global support team of project committers across the Hadoop ecosystem represents the largest, most experienced engineering resource dedicated full-time to customer success.