Enterprises need a new approach to become data-driven
The most valuable and transformative business use cases—IoT-enabled predictive maintenance, genomics research, real-time compliance monitoring—require multiple analytics workloads and data science tools and machine learning algorithms to run against the same diverse data sets. It’s how the most innovative enterprises unlock value from their data and compete in the data age.
But many businesses still struggle with limited data visibility and insufficient insights. This is often caused by:
- Analytic workloads running independently—in silos—because even newer cloud data warehouses and data science tools were never designed to work together
- Data being everywhere—in data centers, public clouds, and at the Edge—and companies have no practical way to run analytics or apply machine learning algorithms to all their data
- An incoherent approach to data privacy or IP protection often resulting in onerous controls that limit business productivity and increase costs
Organizations need a new approach. An enterprise data cloud unlocks the power of your data to serve customers better, operate with greater efficiency and strengthen security to protect your business:
- It is optimized for hybrid and multi-cloud environments, delivering the same data management capabilities across bare metal, private, and public clouds
- It allows multiple analytic functions to work together on the same data at its source, eliminating costly and inefficient data silos
- It maintains strict enterprise data security, governance, and control across all environments
- It is 100 percent open source, with open compute and open storage, ensuring zero vendor lock-in and maximum interoperability
Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) combines the best of Hortonworks’ and Cloudera’s technologies, to deliver the industry’s first enterprise data cloud. CDP delivers powerful self-service analytics across hybrid and multi-cloud environments, along with sophisticated and granular security and governance policies that IT and data leaders demand.
Initially delivered as a public cloud service, CDP includes:
- Data Warehouse and Machine Learning services and a Data Hub service for building custom business applications powered by our new Cloudera Runtime open source distribution.
- A unified control plane to manage infrastructure, data, and analytic workloads across hybrid and multi-cloud environments
- Consistent data security, governance and control that safeguards data privacy, regulatory compliance, and prevents cybersecurity threats across environments
- 100 percent open source, supporting your objectives to avoid vendor lock-in and accelerate enterprise innovation
- A clear path for extending your existing CDH and HDP investment to the cloud
Powered by Cloudera SDX
Cloudera SDX is the security and governance fabric that binds the enterprise data cloud. SDX enables data and metadata security and governance policies to be set once and automatically enforced across data analytics in hybrid and multi-clouds. Unlike standalone analytics software solutions or cloud services, Cloudera Data Platform with SDX, delivers powerful enterprise wide controls over data and metadata, anywhere, for ultimate infrastructure and business flexibility.
Extend your business insights to the cloud
Automate data movement between your on-premises data center and public cloud object stores, and enable policy-based, ongoing incremental movement of data and metadata including schema, security policies, lineage and provenance.
Address unpredictable business or user demands and complement data center capacity by bursting analytical workloads in public clouds along with the relevant data and data policies.
Ensure optimal performance for any analytic workload while keeping cloud costs under control. CDP can automatically scale resources as demand increases and suspend or scale down as workloads wind down.
Cloudera Data Platform Frequently Asked Questions
When will Cloudera Data Platform be available?
The initial release of Cloudera Data Platform on public cloud is expected later this summer. An on-premises CDP Data Center offering will be available later this year.
On what clouds and regions will CDP be available?
Cloudera Data Hub, Data Warehouse, and Machine Learning are expected to be available on all AWS regions except China and GovCloud when released. Azure availability for these services will follow, with Google Cloud Platform expected in early 2020.
What is Cloudera Data Hub?
Cloudera Data Hub is a service for creating virtual private clusters that can be used to build custom business applications. Because most of the cluster set-up and configuration is handled by Cloudera, Data Hub represents an easier and faster way to deploy new use cases. Cloudera Data Hub provides complete workload isolation and full elasticity so that every workload (data engineering, data marts, operational data stores, data ingestion pipelines), business application, and department can have its own infrastructure, each with a distinct workload and configuration.
What is Cloudera Machine Learning?
Cloudera Machine Learning is a service for creating self-service machine learning workspaces. This makes it easier for teams of data scientists to develop, test, train, and ultimately deploy machine learning models for building predictive applications all on the data under management within the enterprise data cloud.
What is Cloudera Data Warehouse?
Cloudera Data Warehouse is a service for creating self-service data warehouses for teams of business analysts. This makes it easy for an enterprise to provision a new data warehouse and share a subset of the data with a specific team or department in an ephemeral manner such that you can easily discard the warehouse when you’re done using it.
How much will CDP cost?
CDP Public Cloud services are expected to be offered with familiar cloud hourly instance pricing. Look for more details later this summer.
What open source distribution does CDP support?
CDP includes a new open source distribution called Cloudera Runtime that combines the best of Cloudera and Hortonworks technologies. Details on which open source components are available in the Runtime distribution will be released closer to launch.
What type of support is included with CDP?
Consistent with current Cloudera software subscriptions, technical support will be included in CDP Public Cloud services. Varying levels of support levels are expected to be available. More details will be available later this summer.
Can I convert my existing on-premises license to a CDP license?
We want to make it easy for customers to try, add, and expand with CDP Public Cloud services. We are evaluating options to make the commercial transitioning to CDP Public Cloud as frictionless as possible. More details will be available later this summer.