Precisely Connect: Change Data Capture
Working with old data could cause enterprises to lose opportunities – or even customers. Depending on the type of business, data ages in a matter of days, hours, or as little as minutes. When business requirements dictate the need for fresher data, it is up to IT to supply a way of capturing data changes from source systems to downstream applications. However, sharing data changes is often easier said than done. To get to real-time change data capture, IT must integrate complex deployment environments, legacy data sources and formats, and downstream applications – all with no impact on system performance or delivery.
Precisely and Cloudera help you avoid the challenges associated with real-time change data capture from legacy systems, such as mainframe and IBM i, to downstream applications. You can rest assured that data is readily compatible and up to date in Cloudera without any impacts on performance and delivery.
The Precisely data integration solution, Connect, helps enhance the freshness of the data within CDP by capturing all data changes at the source and pushing it to CDP users. The combination of the Precisely and Cloudera solution ensures that data meets the demands of the business and is fresh for use as soon as a change happens. Connect’s data replication capabilities are ready for your use with:
- Native integration with CDP and applications deployed on Nifi, Kafka, and Flink.
- Resilient data delivery ensuring no data loss occurs in case of network or database connectivity loss.
- Streaming connections that support real time replication from legacy systems, such as mainframe and IBM i, to CDP. Example source data types: VSAM, Db2, IMS.
- On-premises, hybrid cloud, and cloud (public or private) deployments of data replication.
Precisely and Cloudera make it possible for you to easily replicate data from across the business to meet requirements for real time data use cases. The solution helps businesses to:
- Build data pipelines from data sources to CDP that power decision-making with real-time data delivery.
- Ensure that data used within CDP is in sync and kept fresh as changes to sources occur.
- Guarantee data integrity and limit downtime with automatic monitoring of collisions, conflict resolutions, and audit trail requirements.
- Support new requirements with flexible application topologies that can be combined, including one-way, two-way, bidirectional, consolidated, distributed, and cascade.
Metrics and Proof Points
- Integrate and replicate hundreds of legacy system tables to Cloudera in minutes.
- Deliver data at the speed of business requirements with minimal latency.
- 100% more reliable data with resilient data delivery.
- Deliver real-time insights across the enterprise to CDP, including hard to access systems such as mainframe and IBM.
- Build streaming data pipelines to make all enterprise application data accessible and usable within CDP.
- Resilient data delivery automatically recovers replication processes without any manual intervention or resynchronization, keep your business running without interruption.
- Self-service data integration through browser-based interface.
Precisely is the global leader in data integrity, providing accuracy and consistency in data for 12,000 customers in more than 100 countries, including 90 percent of the Fortune 100. Precisely’s data integration, data quality, location intelligence, and data enrichment products power better business decisions to create better outcomes. Learn more at www.precisely.com