Why Cloudera + Amazon Web Services?
Run the modern platform for machine learning and advanced analytics on the flexible and scalable AWS cloud. With Cloudera Altus, Cloudera a big data managed service in the cloud for data engineering.
Joint Solution Overview
Cloudera on AWS helps organizations get more value from their data in the cloud. This modern machine learning and analytics platform lets customers rapidly process and explore all their cloud data wherever it lives, and then turn that information into applications or reports that drive greater customer insight, improve products and services, and reduce business risk. All while leveraging the power of the public cloud.
Cloudera Altus is a platform-as-a-service that makes it easy and cost-effective to process large-scale data sets in the cloud.
Cloudera Director makes it easy to deploy and manage the lifecycle of Cloudera Enterprise clusters on AWS.
Cloudera Enterprise Reference Architecture for AWS Deployments.
- Read more about Cloudera Altus
- See the Cloudera Altus Demo
- Watch the webinar: Cloudera Altus: Big Data in the Cloud Made Easy
- Watch the Webinar: Customer Best Practices: Optimizing Cloudera on AWS with Celgene, a global biopharmaceutical company
About Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services offers a broad set of global compute, storage, database, analytics, application, and deployment services that help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale applications. These services are trusted by the largest enterprises and the hottest start-ups to power a wide variety of workloads including web and mobile applications, data processing and warehousing, storage, archive, and many others.
- Unified Platform - Cloudera's platform covers the full data pipeline tightly integrated with common storage, schema, metadata, security, governance, and operations. With Cloudera Altus and Cloudera Director, we make it easy to deploy and manage any cloud workload and build higher-level applications in the cloud. This allows customers to focus on data and innovation rather than cloud infrastructure.
- Built for the Enterprise - Cloudera's platform works against AWS S3 (Simple Storage Service), so batch workloads like Data Engineering/Science or Analytic DB can be quickly spun up, sized appropriately, scaled and terminated (if necessary) to manage cost. Cloudera Altus does all of this on a platform that delivers enterprise-grade security, high-performance analytic engines and data governance.
- Simplified and Optimized - Cloudera on AWS customers can take advantage of elastic infrastructure to grow and shrink their clusters, provision compute on-demand and run against cloud-native object storage. Users can configure instances optimized for the specific workload they want to run, and terminate the job when it's complete. Additionally, Cloudera Altus makes it easy, cost-effective, and delivers extreme agility to the business by removing the burden of cluster operations. The PaaS offering includes intelligent defaults, limited up-front configuration, and a jobs-first orientation. That means users can focus solely on their work without having to concern themselves with cloud infrastructure management.