Oracle Quest Connector details
- Transfer data to and from Oracle up to 5 times faster than Sqoop alone.
- Can easily transfer data to and from Oracle that has no primary key or was not stored in primary key order.
- Reduces overhead on the Oracle instance
- Upwards of 80% reduction in CPU consumption.
- Up to 95% reduction in IO time.
- Allows other Oracle workloads to simultaneously run seamlessly without disruption.
Please Note: OraOop has been included in CDH starting with version 5.3. If you're running this or later version, you do not need to download and manually install OraOop. It will be available automatically and invoked if you transfer data between CDH and Oracle with using parameter --direct.
Want to Get Involved or Learn More?
Check out our other resources
Receive expert Hadoop training through Cloudera University, the industry's only truly dynamic Hadoop training curriculum that’s updated regularly to reflect the state of the art in big data.