Bidtellect is a leading native advertising technology and solutions company. The company’s real-time bidding (RTB) platform facilitates the buying, selling, and delivery of native ads across the web.
Bidtellect’s strategy is to use data to serve up content, at scale, to advertisers better than any of the competition. Bidtellect piloted another Hadoop distribution prior to implementing Cloudera Enterprise, but its development and operations team found itself spending significant time managing the Hadoop cluster rather than focusing on the core competencies of its business.
By deploying Cloudera Enterprise, Bidtellect development and operations staff can now concentrate on building intellectual property versus maintaining the Hadoop stack.
By moving to Cloudera Enterprise, Bidtellect can optimize bidding models, which directly leads to increased profitability and customer retention.
Digital marketing (Ad exchange)
- Difficulties managing another Hadoop distribution created an enormous strain on the team and impeded development
- Apache Hadoop Platform: Cloudera Enterprise
- Apache Hadoop Components: Apache Kafka, Apache Spark
- BI & Analytics Tool: R
- Real-time bidding
- Transactional database (including metadata)
- NoSQL database
- Improves profitability and customer retention
- Allows technologists to focus on creating intellectual property for the company
- Delivers a 3-1 ROI through greater staff efficiency
Big Data Scale
- 1 PB