Redwood Shores, CA and Palo Alto, CA – January 10, 2012 – Oracle and Cloudera, a leader in Apache Hadoop-based software and services for the enterprise, today announced a joint agreement to provide an Apache Hadoop distribution and tools for Oracle Big Data Appliance. Oracle has integrated Cloudera’s Distribution Including Apache Hadoop (CDH) and Cloudera Manager software into Oracle Big Data Appliance, an engineered system designed to provide high performance and scalable data processing environment for Big Data. Together, Oracle and Cloudera deliver the full power of Hadoop on an easy-to-deploy, easy-to-use platform.
- Oracle Big Data Appliance is an engineered system of hardware and software that incorporates Cloudera’s Distribution including Apache Hadoop and Cloudera Manager, an open source distribution of R, Oracle NoSQL Database Community Edition, Oracle HotSpot Java Virtual Machine and Oracle Linux running on Oracle’s Sun servers.
- Cloudera’s Distribution Including Apache Hadoop (CDH) is an enterprise-ready, 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop. Drawing from the innovations of a diverse open source community, CDH is the most reliable, secure and widely deployed commercial distribution of Apache Hadoop for the enterprise.
- The integrated Oracle and Cloudera architecture has been fully tested and validated by Oracle, who will also collaborate with Cloudera to provide support for Oracle Big Data Appliance.
- Oracle today also announced Oracle Big Data Connectors, a portfolio of software products that enables customers to easily integrate data stored in CDH Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) or Oracle NoSQL Database with Oracle Database 11g.
- Leveraging Cloudera technology as part of the Oracle Big Data Appliance complements Oracle’s end-to-end solution for Big Data. Together with Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine, Oracle Big Data Appliance and Oracle Big Data Connectors deliver everything customers need to acquire, organize and analyze Big Data within the context of all their enterprise data.
- “The blending of Oracle Big Data Appliance with CDH and Cloudera Manager is a natural and highly complementary fit. Together, our products form an exceptional solution that is poised to transform the marketplace,” said Mike Olson, co-founder and CEO of Cloudera. “Cloudera is delighted to be teaming with Oracle to deliver the first engineered system designed to make Apache Hadoop work together with Oracle’s product stack to address the most demanding analytic workloads.”
- “As the leader in Apache Hadoop-based data platforms, Cloudera has the enterprise quality and expertise that make them the right choice to work with on Oracle Big Data Appliance,” said Andy Mendelsohn, senior vice president, Oracle Server Technologies. “Cloudera offers mature, reliable, and innovative products and services and we look forward to working with them to deliver the industry’s most complete Big Data solution for our customers.”
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Media Contacts For Oracle
Cloudera is revolutionizing enterprise data management by offering the first unified Platform for big data, an enterprise data hub built on Apache Hadoop. Cloudera offers enterprises one place to store, access, process, secure, and analyze all their data, empowering them to extend the value of existing investments while enabling fundamental new ways to derive value from their data. Cloudera's open source big data platform is the most widely adopted in the world, and Cloudera is the most prolific contributor to the open source Hadoop ecosystem. As the leading educator of Hadoop professionals, Cloudera has trained over 40,000 individuals worldwide. Over 1,700 partners and a seasoned professional services team help deliver greater time to value. Leading organizations in every industry plus top public sector organizations globally run Cloudera in production.
Connect With Cloudera
Read our blog: https://blog.cloudera.com/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/cloudera
Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cloudera
Join the Cloudera Community: https://cloudera.com/community
Cloudera, Cloudera's Platform for Big Data, Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Flex Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Basic Editionand CDH are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cloudera Inc. in the United States, and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.