Cloudera Search Training Helps Developers Make Big Data Discovery as Easy as Querying Google
PALO ALTO, Calif., – May 18, 2015 – Cloudera, the leader in enterprise analytic data management powered by Apache Hadoop™, today announced a new training course for Cloudera Search to help developers integrate scalable, flexible indexing with CDH and leverage full-text, interactive search across an enterprise data hub. By addressing the challenge of data discovery and visibility, Cloudera is enabling developers and data engineers to streamline and facilitate a much simpler process for real-time access to big data on behalf of the entire organization.
The ability to query across all data coming in from multiple sources is crucial to feeding analytics and extracting value from that data. Cloudera Search indexes all the data in Hadoop and makes finding information as easy as using Google. Search is the only real-time, interactive, natural-language query tool natively integrated into a Hadoop distribution, which helps a range of business audiences find relevant data much more quickly and easily across disparate workloads and mixed data sources.
Powered by Apache Solr, the standard for open-source search, Cloudera Search integrates mature, feature-rich data discovery capabilities and a set of extensible APIs with the rest of the Hadoop components and third-party applications brought together in an enterprise data hub. By educating developers and data engineers on Search, Cloudera is helping organizations deliver scale and reliability for a new generation of powerful, multi-workload queries. The inventor of Solr, Yonik Seeley, also recently joined Cloudera’s engineering team to continue leveraging and integrating big data search technologies into the Cloudera stack.
Through the three-day, instructor-led discussions and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants in Cloudera Search Training will learn topics such as how to:
- Perform batch indexing of data stored in HDFS and Apache HBase
- Index streaming data in near real time with Apache Flume
- Index content in multiple languages and file formats
- Process and transform incoming data with Morphlines
- Create a user interface for indexes using Hue
- Integrate Cloudera Search with external applications
- Improve the Search experience using features such as faceting, highlighting, and spelling correction
“Cloudera Search Training is a great course for team members with basic Hadoop knowledge,” said Len Sanker, senior vice president of Enterprise Engineering Services, MasterCard. “The information Cloudera provided, as well as the opportunity for hands-on exercises and discussion made this a really robust and valuable experience for our technologists.”
“Cloudera’s vast experience developing and contributing to Hadoop and Solr, alongside the expertise gained from working with customers, lends itself to our training leadership,” said Mark Morrissey, senior director, Education Services, Cloudera. “This course is evidence of Cloudera’s ongoing commitment to helping big data professionals deliver the most value from an enterprise data hub. Cloudera Search Training provides crucial knowledge for developers and data engineers to fully achieve Search’s potential.”
To learn more about this new course offering and other Cloudera trainings:
- Find more details on the new course and register for a class:http://cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/training/courses/search-training.html
- Watch the introductory webinar:http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/resources/library/recordedwebinar/intro-to-cloudera-search-training.html
- Explore the developer learning path towards Hadoop expertise:http://cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/training/roles/developers.html
- Read about professional credentials, including Cloudera Certified Developer for Apache Hadoop (CCDH):http://cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/training/certification.html
- Learn more about Cloudera University’s training and certification programs:http://cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/training.html
Cloudera is revolutionizing enterprise data management by offering the first unified Platform for big data, an enterprise data hub built on Apache Hadoop. Cloudera offers enterprises one place to store, access, process, secure, and analyze all their data, empowering them to extend the value of existing investments while enabling fundamental new ways to derive value from their data. Cloudera's open source big data platform is the most widely adopted in the world, and Cloudera is the most prolific contributor to the open source Hadoop ecosystem. As the leading educator of Hadoop professionals, Cloudera has trained over 40,000 individuals worldwide. Over 1,700 partners and a seasoned professional services team help deliver greater time to value. Leading organizations in every industry plus top public sector organizations globally run Cloudera in production.
Connect With Cloudera
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cloudera
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudera
Join the Cloudera Community: http://cloudera.com/community
Cloudera, Cloudera's Platform for Big Data, Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Flex Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Basic Editionand CDH are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cloudera Inc. in the United States, and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.