PRGX Global gained a 9-10x performance improvement and opened the door to new business opportunities with a new data discovery and analytics platform that can rapidly process, discover, model, and serve petabytes of structured and unstructured data.
PRGX Global, Inc. is the world's leading provider of accounts payable recovery audit services. With over 1,400 employees, PRGX operates and serves clients in more than 30 countries and provides its services to over 75 percent of the top 20 global retailers.
The company’s goal is to help its clients detect, find, and fix leakage in their procurement and payment processes. As PRGX moved into larger data volumes and into the unstructured space, processing 2.3 PB of “live” data annually, its RDBMS showed some strains and processing times were longer than staff wanted—a significant issue as the more time auditors get to audit, the more money they can deliver to clients.
Working with Cloudera, the company is implementing a data discovery and analytics environment that enables auditors to more quickly find relevant emails, confirm agreements regarding deals or promotions, and correlate the relevant data.
Critical to the company’s success is the ability to find communications about a specific deal or promotion across millions of emails—a task made easier with Cloudera Search.
According to PRGX, the performance benefits of the company’s new platform have been phenomenal.
Impact: Improved performance, new business opportunities
The ability to mine large volumes of unstructured data and experiment on large data sets is expected to open new business opportunities for PRGX.
- Mine 2.3 PB of “live” data annually
- Reduce data processing times
- Apache Hadoop Platform: Cloudera Enterprise, Data Hub Edition
- Apache Hadoop Components: Apache HBase, Apache Hive, Apache Pig, Apache Spark, Cloudera Navigator, Cloudera Search, Impala
- Data Integration Tool: Talend
- 9-10x performance improvement on average, with a 45x increase in one case
- 25% decrease in storage costs
- Greater innovation via the delivery of new products and services