- Is the exam multiple choice questions?
- How do I schedule an exam?
- How do I cancel and/or reschedule an Exam Reservation?
- Can I attempt a Hortonworks Certification exam from anywhere?
- What are the minimum requirements of my computer monitor?
- How much RAM do I need on my computer?
- What is the minimum required connection speed for my internet?
- How do I complete a Speed Test to check my internet connection speed?
- Will anti-virus software effect my ability to take the exam?
- Can I use VPN when taking the exam?
- Am I allowed access to documentation?
- Do you provide a practice exam?
- What is the cancellation policy for my scheduled exam?
- How can I retrieve a forgotten password?
- What will happen if I do not show up for my exam?
- What do I need on the day of my exam?
- How do I launch my exam?
- At what time should I launch my exam?
- Will the proctor be able to access my computer or its contents?
- How long do I have to complete the exam?
- When does the timer begin?
- When can I expect to receive the results of my exam?
- Where can I find my exam results?
- If I pass the exam, what type of certificate do I receive?
- If I fail an exam, how soon can I retake it?
Is the exam multiple choice questions?
No, the exam does not contain any multiple choice questions. The exam consists of tasks that you have to perform successfully on a live cluster.
How do I schedule an exam?
- Go to learn.hortonworks.com and create an account.
- Locate the exam you wish to take and purchase it.
- On the exam page in learn.hortonworks.com, click on the “Continue to PSI” button, you MUST click this button to enable your exam eligibility.
- You will be redirected to www.examslocal.com
- You need to create an account at www.examslocal.com using the SAME email address you used to create your account on learn.hortonworks.com
- Once you are registered and logged in, select “Schedule an Exam”, and then enter “Hortonworks” in the “Search Here” field to locate and select the specific exam you want to register for. When registering for an exam, it is extremely important that you accurately specify the region where you will perform the exam from. The location that is reflected in your account will be used to determine the server location that is closest to your area. Failure to provide an accurate location could potentially result in increased latency during your certification examination.
How do I cancel and/or reschedule an Exam Reservation?
If you need to cancel and/or reschedule an exam, you may do so anytime as long as it is more than 24 hours before scheduled start time. To cancel or reschedule an exam:
- Log into your account at https://www.examslocal.com
- Navigating to the My Exams page
- Click on the cancel/reschedule button, please note this button will only be available if there is more than 24 hours remaining from the start time of your scheduled exam.
Can I attempt a Hortonworks Certification exam from anywhere?
Yes. All you need is a webcam and high speed Internet access.
What are the minimum requirements of my computer monitor?
The exam environment uses a remote display with a resolution of 1600 x 900. Before starting the exam, candidates should configure a monitor resolution larger than 1600 x 900. This is not a requirement, and you can use any size monitor and resolution you want. But if your resolution is smaller than 1600×900 then you will have to scroll around the exam window to view the entire desktop. Candidates should also use the Innovative Exams compatibility check tool at the following URL prior to starting an exam: https://www.examslocal.com/ScheduleExam/Home/CompatibilityCheck
How much RAM do I need on my computer?
You are required to have a minimum of 8 GB of RAM on your computer, but we highly recommend 16 GB of RAM for the optimal experience.
What is the minimum required connection speed for my internet?
Our proctoring partner PSI will perform a system pre-check to verify that you have a minimum bandwidth connection. To achieve an optimal certification exam experience with reduced latency and issues, Hortonworks University requires that you have a minimum network speed of 10 Mbps download and 2.5 Mbps upload (10/2.5), however 20/5 Mbps (download/upload) or higher is strongly recommended. Please complete a Speed Test BEFORE you purchase and register for the exam.
How do I complete a Speed Test to check my internet connection speed?
Visit this link to complete the Speed Test.
Will anti-virus software effect my ability to take the exam?
Yes, if you are running anti-virus software on your computer, this can prevent you from connecting to the exam environment, or it can negatively effect the speed of your connection. We highly suggest that you disable all anti-virus software during the exam.
Can I use VPN when taking the exam?
We do not recommend using VPN when taking the exam. Running a VPN will route the traffic into your corporate network and out the corporate firewall. This can interfere with your ability to connect to the exam environment and can cause increased latency and other technical issues.
Am I allowed access to documentation?
Yes. Candidates for the HDPCD exam are provided access to the Pig, Hive, Sqoop and Flume documentation pages. Candidates for the HDPCA exam are provided access to the HPD 2.3 documentation pages. Candidates for the HDPCD:Java exam will have access to the Apache Hadoop documentation.
Do you provide a practice exam?
Yes, for some of the exams we provide a practice exam. Hortonworks highly encourages candidates to attempt the corresponding practice exam. The practice exam contains sample tasks similar to those on the actual exam and uses the same environment. The exams are located on the exam descriptions pages.
What is the cancellation policy for my scheduled exam?
Exams must be canceled at least 24 hours before the scheduled exam time. Failing to cancel within this time period will result in forfeiture of exam fees, and your exam credit will be considered used.
How can I retrieve a forgotten password?
To retrieve a forgotten password please visit: https://www.examslocal.com/Account/LostPassword
What will happen if I do not show up for my exam?
By not showing up to your exam reservation on time, you will be marked as a no-show for the exam. No-shows forfeit the money paid for an exam, and you will need to pay for a new exam registration.
What do I need on the day of my exam?
- One form of government issued photo identification (i.e. driver’s license, passport). Any international passport or government issued form of identification must contain Western (English) characters. You will be required to provide a means of photo identification before the exam can be launched. If acceptable proof of identification is not provided to the proctor prior to the exam, entry to the exam will be refused. You must also consent to having your photo taken. The ID will be used for identity verification only and will not be stored. The proctor cannot release the exam to you until identification has been successfully verified and you have agreed to the terms and conditions of the exam. No refund or rescheduling is provided when an exam cannot be started due to failure to provide proper identification.
- A monitor with screen resolution larger than 1600 x 900.
- A computer that meets the minimum requirements provided within the compatibility check: https://www.examslocal.com/ScheduleExam/Home/CompatibilityCheck
- A high-speed internet connection: 10 Mbps download and 2.5 Mbps upload (10/2.5) minimum required, however 20/5 Mbps (download/upload) or higher is strongly recommended
- Please ensure that during the exam you disable any anti-virus software on your system, also please make sure that you do not have any firewall rules or proxy servers as these can cause latency/issues
- You need a minimum of 8 GB of RAM on your computer, but we highly recommend 16 GB for the optimal experience.
How do I launch my exam?
To start your exam, login at https://www.examslocal.com/, click “My Exams”, and follow the instructions after selecting the exam that you want to start.
At what time should I launch my exam?
You may start your exam up to 15 minutes before your scheduled start time. You MUST start your exam no later than 15 minutes after your scheduled start time. If you do not start your exam within 15 minutes of your scheduled start time, the system will automatically mark you as a No-Show and you will not be able to take your exam.
Will the proctor be able to access my computer or its contents?
Innovative Exams does not install any software on your computer for this exam and, therefore, does not have any access to your computer or its contents. The only access Innovative Exams has to your computer is the webcam and desktop sharing facilitated by your web browser. However, please note that Innovative Exams does provide a virtual lockdown browser system that utilizes secure communications and encryption. Upon the completion of the exam all proctor “view-only access” is automatically removed.
How long do I have to complete the exam?
You have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam.
When does the timer begin?
The timer for your exam does not start until the proctor has launched the exam.
After the exam FAQ
When can I expect to receive the results of my exam?
Exam results are usually reported within 10 business days from Hortonworks University. Proctors and training partners are not authorized to report results directly to candidates. Exam results include the candidate’s final score and the required passing score. No further exam performance details will be provided upon request.
Where can I find my exam results?
Your exam results will be delivered by email, and you can also find your results by logging into your account in learn.hortonworks.com, clicking on “My Profile” in the upper right corner of the screen, and viewing the exam information under “Registrations” on your profile page.
If I pass the exam, what type of certificate do I receive?
As an HDP Certified Professional, you will receive a certificate of completion that verifies your certification. Please note that as of July 1st 2018, digital badges will no longer be issued via Badgecert.com. After you have passed your exam, you can locate your certificate in your profile on learn.hortonworks.com.
If I fail an exam, how soon can I retake it?
After you have been emailed the results of your exam, then you can register and take the exam again. You cannot register for a new exam until after you receive the results of the most recent attempt.