Teradata Analytics Appliance
Teradata Appliance for Hadoop with Cloudera is a purpose-built, integrated hardware and software solution for data at scale. The appliance runs Cloudera Enterprise with the additional benefits of simplified manageability and enterprise grade reliability that comes from an engineered appliance, all backed by Teradata and Cloudera’s world-class customer support. By minimizing the number of moving parts required for deployment and operations, the appliance allows companies to achieve faster time-to-value—thereby leveraging your current investments in technology and resources.
Cloudera and Teradata: Better together
Cloudera and Teradata, the respective leaders in Hadoop and data warehousing, have joined force to develop The Teradata® Appliance for Hadoop with Cloudera, a powerful, ready-to-run enterprise platform that is pre-configured and optimized specifically for big data. This engineering partnership between Teradata and Cloudera enables clients to orchestrate workloads in such a way as to realize the right set of capabilities and economics for the right job, in what Teradata calls the Unified Data Architecture™ (UDA). In short, the joint solution delivers more data to the right people at the right time.
As a purpose-built, integrated hardware and software solution for data at scale, the appliance runs Cloudera Enterprise with the additional benefits of simplified manageability and enterprise grade reliability that comes from an engineered appliance, all backed by Teradata and Cloudera’s world class customer support. By minimizing the number of moving parts required for deployment and operations, the appliance allows companies to achieve faster time to value by just plugging the appliance into existing infrastructure, thereby leveraging your current investments in technology and resources.
Scalable, manageable, and ready-to-go Enterprise Hadoop
The Teradata Appliance for Hadoop with Cloudera is a tightly integrated hardware and software stack optimized for enterprise-class big data processing. Deployment, performance, ease-of-use, manageability, and reliability are vastly improved from the typical do-it-yourself Hadoop system.
- Powerful, scalable, and built for ease-of-deployment – Delivered as a fully integrated system that’s ready to plug-in and use, allowing customers to have the system up and running live in just a few hours
- Flexible platform options - Available in multiple system configurations to suit a variety of performance, capacity, and workload requirements
- Faster Access to open source innovation - Employs a new and streamlined deployment model to install and upgrade Hadoop software, allowing customers to benefit from the stability of an engineered appliance from Teradata while having access to latest Hadoop software innovations Cloudera, within 30 days of becoming generally available
Seamless, self-service data access
Cloudera and Teradata provide a set of robust software technologies to integrate data among Cloudera, Teradata, and Teradata Aster Discovery Platform, providing a self-service data platform with seamless access to all data.
Complete and centralized management and monitoring
Combining the power of Cloudera Manager with Teradata Viewpoint and Teradata Vital Infrastructure, The Teradata Appliance for Hadoop with Cloudera combines intuitive tools for centralized management with powerful capabilities for facilitating and automating administration, and managing data and applications to minimize administrative work, even as the system scales.
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), a global leader in analytic data platforms, marketing applications, and consulting services, helps organizations become more competitive by increasing the value of their data and customer relationships. Visit Teradata.com for full details.
- Teradata is a certified Cloudera reseller offering Teradata Appliance for Hadoop with Cloudera, a purpose-built, integrated hardware and software solution for data at scale
- Cloudera Enterprise, along with Teradata, Teradata Aster Discovery Platform, and other technologies, is an integral part of the Teradata Unified Data Architecture