Capgemini announces two offerings based on the Cloudera platform to accelerate Big Data deployment
Palo Alto, Calif. and Paris, France, July 8, 2014 – Capgemini, one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services, has today extended its partnership with Cloudera, the leader in enterprise analytic data management powered by Apache™ Hadoop®, through the launch of two new offerings that combine Cloudera’s data management platform, Cloudera Enterprise, with Capgemini’s service and support.
The two offerings will help organizations to gain greater value from their data assets more quickly using the Cloudera Big Data platform:
- A new “Enterprise Data Hub Accelerator” offering will help organizations more quickly and effectively execute their first Big Data projects, by providing a clear and complete roadmap on how to scale data governance, analytics and data platforms to become part of a full enterprise-wide Big Data strategy to aid business transformation.
- The Enterprise Data Hub Accelerator addresses customers’ needs to better understand where they should start with Big Data Implementations, how to ensure success and value creation for their business users, and how to guarantee that the choices made will scale long term.
- The solution combines Cloudera’s open-source, enterprise data management platform, with Capgemini’s best practices in Information Strategy and Transformation. Cloudera provides one centralized platform to manage all data in an agile and cost-efficient way so it can be integrated flexibly with existing infrastructure and tools. Capgemini works with the customer to identify business drivers, transform information governance and rethink analytics processes through a clearly defined roadmap, to help organizations define what they should do when.
- The new “Data Science-as-a-Service” on the Cloudera platform provides anticipatory intelligence services such as: Supply Chain Risk Monitoring, Fraud and Anti Money Laundering, Brand Reputation Monitoring and Key Influencers Intelligence.
- Using a Cloudera Enterprise platform and Capgemini’s Data Science and Analytics capabilities, as part of its Elastic Analytics solution, Capgemini is able to help organizations distinguish market noise from valuable business insights
- This offer is addressing all aspects of Data Science and Analytics including data inventory and preparation; predictive and prescriptive modeling; classification and clustering, machine learning, simulation and optimization, visualization and deployment, without the complexity of having to develop Data Science skills in-house.
As part of the extended partnership, Capgemini is significantly accelerating its global investment in the Cloudera platform. To facilitate Big Data project execution a global reseller agreement between Cloudera and Capgemini will offer customers access to a ‘one stop shop’ for their Big Data projects. In addition Capgemini is ramping up training within its own delivery team with over 500 additional consultants to be trained in the next 18 months.
“In today’s world, consumers are empowered with data wherever they are; sensors are being bolted onto all the objects we interact with. Frontiers between the digital and bricks-and-mortar worlds are disappearing, so organizations’ business models are being disrupted. Addressing real business challenges such as managing the evolution of the Customer Experience or the impact of the Internet of Things requires Big Data,” said Manuel Sevilla, Group CTO Business Information Management, Capgemini. “Partnering closely with Cloudera allows us to accelerate the execution of Big Data projects.”
“As a leading provider of services, Capgemini has the expertise and experience to deliver on Big Data projects. They make it easy for companies to derive value from their Big Data investments,” said Tom Reilly, Chief Executive Officer, Cloudera.“Together, we are helping define the future of data management by enabling enterprise data hubs – one place to store all data for as long as desired in its original fidelity – and by ensuring that Big Data customers can benefit from Cloudera’s technology leadership and Capgemini’s services expertise.”
Capgemini and Cloudera first announced their global partnership in October 2013 for enterprise data management.
With more than 130,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2013 global revenues of EUR 10.1 billion (more than $13 billion USD). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
Cloudera is revolutionizing enterprise data management by offering the first unified Platform for big data, an enterprise data hub built on Apache Hadoop. Cloudera offers enterprises one place to store, access, process, secure, and analyze all their data, empowering them to extend the value of existing investments while enabling fundamental new ways to derive value from their data. Cloudera's open source big data platform is the most widely adopted in the world, and Cloudera is the most prolific contributor to the open source Hadoop ecosystem. As the leading educator of Hadoop professionals, Cloudera has trained over 40,000 individuals worldwide. Over 1,700 partners and a seasoned professional services team help deliver greater time to value. Leading organizations in every industry plus top public sector organizations globally run Cloudera in production.
Connect With Cloudera
About Cloudera: https://www.cloudera.com/about.html
Read our blog: https://blog.cloudera.com/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/cloudera
Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cloudera
Join the Cloudera Community: https://cloudera.com/community
Cloudera, Cloudera's Platform for Big Data, Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Flex Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Basic Editionand CDH are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cloudera Inc. in the United States, and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.