Cloudera Announces Product Integration, Joint Certification of Cloudera Enterprise for Microsoft Azure
PALO ALTO, Calif. - October 20, 2014 – Cloudera, the leader in enterprise analytic data management powered by Apache Hadoop™, today announced an effort to integrate and enable Cloudera Enterprise to be Microsoft Azure Certified. In a world where every incremental advantage matters, Cloudera and Microsoft will work to enable quick implementation of Cloudera’s enterprise data hub with the power of Hadoop on demand in Microsoft Azure. Cloudera will also work to certify integration with Microsoft data warehousing and security technologies including Analytics Platform System and Azure Active Directory for unified user authentication and access.
This partnership demonstrates that Azure is a quick and easy way for customers to deploy Cloudera Enterprise in the public cloud. Today, Cloudera Enterprise is now available for customers wanting to evaluate the speed and agility of deploying cloud-ready data platforms. General availability of Cloudera 5.3 will be targeted for a December release, allowing Cloudera and Microsoft customers to:
● Deploy Cloudera directly from the Microsoft Azure Marketplace
● Import data into Cloudera from SQL Server
● Use Microsoft Power BI for Office 365 for self-service business intelligence
● Use Azure Machine Learning for powerful cloud-based predictive analytics
“Microsoft and Cloudera are collaborating to help customers realize Big Data insights with the cloud,” said Scott Guthrie, executive vice president of Cloud + Enterprise, Microsoft. “Now Azure customers can deploy Cloudera Enterprise with a few clicks, visualize their data with Microsoft Power BI and gain insights to transform their business – all within minutes.”
"Our customers demand a coherent view and good connectivity between their Big Data solutions and cloud-based services,” said Mike Olson, founder and chief strategy officer, Cloudera. “Microsoft Azure is an extremely quick and easy cloud platform to deploy to and this collaboration makes it easier for our mutual customers and opens the door to new infrastructure choices. Microsoft’s considerable expertise in hybrid cloud – from on premise clouds to their public cloud Azure - will help our Cloudera Enterprise customers focus on their core competencies and realize tangible business benefits more quickly.”
Integration between Cloudera and Microsoft technologies will ensure that businesses can continue using existing tools and leveraging existing skillsets—but now with much greater efficiency and scope including:
- Time-to-Insight. By running Cloudera Enterprise on Microsoft Azure, enterprises can leverage the power of Hadoop and produce faster times-to-insight. Cloudera’s robust enterprise data hub allows customers to bypass prolonged infrastructure selection and procurement processes.
- Scalable Data Management. This integration will facilitate scalable data management by allowing customers to eliminate the time spent adding new nodes to traditional data clusters, shortening rest-to-growth cycles and helping their businesses grow as quickly as possible.
- Efficiency and Cost Savings. Deploying on Microsoft Azure will let organizations focus on core competencies, thus improving efficiency and creating cost savings, by shifting resources previously dedicated to maintaining a traditional data center.
- Read the Cloudera blog post:
- Read the Microsoft press release:http://news.microsoft.com/2014/10/20/CloudDayPR/
- Read the Microsoft blog post:http://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2014/10/20/delivering-complete-cloud-every-business-industry-geography/
- Microsoft Solution briefhttp://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/solutions/partner/Microsoft.html
Cloudera is revolutionizing enterprise data management by offering the first unified Platform for big data, an enterprise data hub built on Apache Hadoop. Cloudera offers enterprises one place to store, access, process, secure, and analyze all their data, empowering them to extend the value of existing investments while enabling fundamental new ways to derive value from their data. Cloudera's open source big data platform is the most widely adopted in the world, and Cloudera is the most prolific contributor to the open source Hadoop ecosystem. As the leading educator of Hadoop professionals, Cloudera has trained over 40,000 individuals worldwide. Over 1,700 partners and a seasoned professional services team help deliver greater time to value. Leading organizations in every industry plus top public sector organizations globally run Cloudera in production.
Connect With Cloudera
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cloudera
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudera
Join the Cloudera Community: http://cloudera.com/community
Cloudera, Cloudera's Platform for Big Data, Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Flex Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Basic Editionand CDH are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cloudera Inc. in the United States, and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.