The Brightest Minds in Strategy, Science, and Industry Gather for the Defining Event of the Big Data Industry
MEDIA ALERT: PALO ALTO, Calif. – February 2, 2015 –
What: Today, Cloudera, Inc. announced the first-ever San Jose edition of the Strata + Hadoop World conference. Presented by Cloudera and O'Reilly Media, Inc., Strata + Hadoop World is where Big Data's most influential business decision makers, strategists, architects, developers, and analysts gather to shape the future of their businesses and technologies. The four-day event includes keynote sessions, tutorials, training, technology showcases, and networking opportunities.
The keynote presentations will be delivered by representatives from O'Reilly Media, Inc., Cloudera, Solve For Interesting, MemSQL, MapR, IBM, Dolby Laboratories, Stanford University, UC Berkeley, Salesforce, Intel, Databricks, Pivotal, Microsoft, and Indiana University.
Who: Keynote speakers include:
● Amr Awadallah, co-founder and chief technology officer, Cloudera
● Alistair Croll, founder, Solve For Interesting
● Poppy Crum, senior scientist, Dolby Laboratories and consulting
professor, Stanford University
● Doug Cutting, chief architect, Cloudera
● Eric Frenkiel, CEO, MemSQL
● Eddie Garcia, security architect, Cloudera
● Solomon Hsiang, assistant professor of public policy,
University of California, Berkeley
● Adam Kocoloski, CTO, IBM Information Management and co-founder,
● Roger Magoulas, research director, O'Reilly Media, Inc.
● Co-presenters: Cloudera, O'Reilly Media, Inc.
● Elite sponsors: MapR, Microsoft
● Strategic sponsors: IBM, Intel, MemSQL, Pivotal
● For the full list of sponsors, visit http://strataconf.com/big-data-conference-ca-2015/public/content/sponsors.
When: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 through Friday, February 20, 2015. For the complete conference schedule, visit http://strataconf.com/big-data-conference-ca-2015/public/schedule/full/public.
Where: San Jose Convention Center, 150 West San Carlos St., San Jose, CA 95113
Registration and Sponsorship Information
For more information about Strata + Hadoop World San Jose 2015, visit http://strataconf.com/big-data-conference-ca-2015, or register at https://en.oreilly.com/big-data-conference-ca-2015/public/register.
Training for Strata + Hadoop World San Jose 2015 Attendees
Conference attendees have the option to attend training each day of the conference, delivered by Cloudera, SAS, Databricks, Concur Technologies, and Flux Capacitor. To view the training offerings, visit http://strataconf.com/big-data-conference-ca-2015/public/schedule/full/public and filter by “Training.”
Cloudera Sessions Include:
● Keynote: Data: Open for Good and Secure by Default
● Keynote: Hadoop’s Impact on the Future of Data Management
● Training: Designing and Building Big Data Applications
Dustin Clute, Michael Judd
● Getting Started with Interactive SQL-on-Hadoop
John Russell, Marcel Kornacker
● Architectural Considerations for Hadoop Applications
Mark Grover, Jonathan Seidman, Gwen Shapira, Ted Malaska
● Apache Hadoop Operations for Production Systems
Kathleen Ting, Philip Zeyliger, Philip Langdale, Miklos Christine
● Building an Apache Hadoop Data Application
Tom White, Joey Echeverria, Ryan Blue
● Data Scientists and Lawyers -- a Marriage Made in Silicon Valley
Laura Fennell (Intuit), Bill Loconzolo (Intuit)
● Hadoop Puzzlers Reloaded
Aaron Myers, Daniel Templeton
● Big Data and Design Working Together - When the Magic Happens
George Roumeliotis (Intuit)
● Introducing Hive’s New Execution Engine - Spark
Xuefu Zhang, Chengxiang Li (Intel)
● Ready to Play in the Big Data Space? Game On with Sears!
Dorman Bazzell (Capgemini), Kevin Smith
(Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores, Inc.)
● PyData Ask Us Anything
Andreas Mueller (scikit-learn), Jennifer Klay (Cal Poly San Luis Obispo),
Peter Wang (Continuum Analytics, Inc.), Travis Oliphant
(Continuum Analytics, Inc.), Andy Terrel (Continuum Analytics),
Matthew Rocklin (Continuum), Wes McKinney,
Stefan van der Walt (UC Berkeley)
● Stock Market Order Flow Reconstruction in HBase on AWS
Tigran Khrimian (FINRA)
● Yarns about YARN: Migrating to MapReduce v2
Kathleen Ting, Miklos Christine
● Safe at Home: Activating Best Practices in Hadoop Security and Compliance Services
Gary MacKinlay (MasterCard)
● Designing Data Architectures for Robust Decision Making
● Friction-Free ETL: Automating Data Transformation with Impala
● The Year in Review - Key Changes in the Hadoop Platform in the Past 12 Months
● The Truth About MapReduce Performance on SSDs
Yanpei Chen, Karthik Kambatla
● The Physics of Apache Hadoop: Choosing the Right Hardware and OS Configuration Mix for Your Workloads
Woody Christy, Steve Anderson (Intel), Patrick Schots (Intel),
Floris Grandvarlet (Cisco)
● Analytics Beyond the Basics with Pandas and SQL
Visit http://strataconf.com/big-data-conference-ca-2015/public/schedule/full/public for more details.
Other Notable Events at the Conference:
● Solutions Showcase Theater
Visit http://strataconf.com/big-data-conference-ca-2015/public/content/solutions-showcase for more information about the Solutions Showcase Theater. Complete speaker list to be posted soon.
● Cloudera Booth Theater Spotlight Presentations
featuring Concur Technologies, CounterTack
● Data Dash Run/Walk
Visit http://strataconf.com/big-data-conference-ca-2015/public/schedule/detail/40374 for more information and to register.
To learn more about Cloudera’s presence at Strata + Hadoop World San Jose, or to receive a 20 percent discount on conference registration, visit http://www.stratahadoopworld.com/sanjose/index.html.
Cloudera is revolutionizing enterprise data management by offering the first unified Platform for big data, an enterprise data hub built on Apache Hadoop. Cloudera offers enterprises one place to store, access, process, secure, and analyze all their data, empowering them to extend the value of existing investments while enabling fundamental new ways to derive value from their data. Cloudera's open source big data platform is the most widely adopted in the world, and Cloudera is the most prolific contributor to the open source Hadoop ecosystem. As the leading educator of Hadoop professionals, Cloudera has trained over 40,000 individuals worldwide. Over 1,700 partners and a seasoned professional services team help deliver greater time to value. Leading organizations in every industry plus top public sector organizations globally run Cloudera in production.
Connect With Cloudera
Learn more about Cloudera: https://www.cloudera.com/about.html
Read our blog: https://blog.cloudera.com
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/cloudera
Get updates on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cloudera
Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cloudera
See us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@ClouderaInc
Join the Cloudera Community: https://community.cloudera.com
Read about our customers' successes: https://www.cloudera.com/about/customers.html
Cloudera, Cloudera's Platform for Big Data, Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Flex Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Basic Editionand CDH are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cloudera Inc. in the United States, and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.