Edison Awards, InfoWorld and the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards Validate
Strength of Offerings for Enterprise Adoption
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., March 30, 2017 – Cloudera, the provider of the leading global platform for machine learning and advanced analytics built on the latest open source technologies, announced accelerated momentum in the cybersecurity market. Over the past six months, Cloudera has earned multiple industry awards, advanced its cybersecurity solution based on Apache Spot (incubating), hosted a nine-city cybersecurity roadshow, and expanded its growing customer and partner base.
Cloudera’s cybersecurity solution provides enterprise-grade machine learning and advanced analytics to protect the hyper-connected enterprise. Security operations centers can no longer bolt on additional applications without a future-proof architecture that meets today’s and tomorrow’s needs. Cloudera validated this at this year’s RSA conference when it surveyed 125 attendees and discovered the following:
- 51% of companies are constrained by their security information and event management (SIEM) systems
- 46% of companies are holding less than 12 months of data
- 53% of companies cannot analyze the data they are collecting
- 61% of companies include machine learning as part of the cybersecurity strategy
Awards, Achievements, and Customers
As evidence of the company’s growing cybersecurity market leadership, Cloudera has received prominent industry nods for leadership and innovation, advanced open source technologies, and continuing customer and partner adoption:
- Early Customer Adoption — Six months after launching the Cloudera cybersecurity solution, a leading investment management company and a 10,000-person health care organization have adopted the technology to protect their most sensitive information.
- Apache Spot Community Growth — The Apache Spot community continues to gain momentum with 23 committers on the project, 177 people on the Slack channel, and more than 300 commits since the launch.
- Cybersecurity Excellence Awards — The Cloudera Information Security Team was named “Best Cybersecurity Team of the Year” for pushing advancements back into the open source community with the deployment of and contributions to Apache Spot.
- Cybersecurity Excellence Awards — Cloudera’s cybersecurity subject matter expert (SME) Rocky DeStefano was recognized as a finalist in the “Cybersecurity Professional of the Year” category.
- The Edison Awards — Apache Spot (incubating) was named a winner in the category “Collective Disruption and Connected Collaboration.” Spot will be recognized and celebrated on April 20 at the 30th Annual Edison Awards Gala in New York.
- InfoWorld Technology of the Year — Driven by Cloudera, Intel and the community, Apache Spot (incubating) was named by InfoWorld as a 2017 “Technology of the Year.” Chosen by the publication’s editors, this honor recognized Spot as a “missing piece from the big data puzzle,” providing a way for security analysts to process massive volumes of data and to understand the difference between good and bad.
- Cybersecurity Roadshow — Analysts, cybersecurity experts from Intel and Accenture, partners, and customers joined Cloudera in a nine-city, nationwide roadshow that educated hundreds of security practitioners and executives about how to utilize machine learning, artificial intelligence, and analytics to advance cybersecurity.
- Partner Ecosystem — Organizations like Arcadia Data and Context Relevant continue to partner with Cloudera and the Apache Spot community to develop a richer user experience for the Cloudera cybersecurity solution. Watch the demo video of Arcadia Data’s application that runs on Cloudera’s cybersecurity solution.
- Launched “Cybersecurity On Call” Podcast - Industry thought leaders join Cloudera to discuss trends in the market and share their unique perspective on the cybersecurity industry.
“We’re honored by the awards we’ve received and thrilled by the traction we’ve made in the cybersecurity industry. Both are testament to the work we’ve done to help combat global adversaries,” said Tom Reilly, chief executive officer at Cloudera. “For decades, public and private sector organizations have been losing the battle against threats and attacks that are amassing huge data breaches, enabling nefarious practices such as espionage, and possibly even impacting political systems. Fortunately, we can now turn the tide with technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning built into a robust platform that is already proving to reduce risk in measurable ways.”
Cloudera delivers the modern data management and analytics platform built on Apache Hadoop and the latest open source technologies. The world’s leading organizations trust Cloudera to help solve their most challenging business problems with Cloudera Enterprise, the fastest, easiest and most secure data platform available for the modern world. Our customers efficiently capture, store, process and analyze vast amounts of data, empowering them to use advanced analytics to drive business decisions quickly, flexibly and at lower cost than has been possible before. To ensure our customers are successful, we offer comprehensive support, training and professional services. Learn more at cloudera.com.
Connect With Cloudera
About Cloudera: cloudera.com/more/about.html
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cloudera
Visit us on Facebook: facebook.com/cloudera
Join the Cloudera Community: community.cloudera.com
Cloudera, Hue and associated marks and trademarks or registered trademarks of Cloudera Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.