WASHINGTON, D.C. – April 10, 2017
What: Cloudera, the provider of the modern platform for machine learning and advanced analytics, announces the 2017 Cloudera Government Forum. The event will bring together more than 500 agency professionals and their industry partners to explore how real-time, data-driven approaches directly support government digital transformation. Among the topics to be discussed are advanced machine learning, predictive analytics, Internet of Things (IoT) applications, cybersecurity, and cloud strategies.
To attend, go to the Cloudera Government Forum page to register.
Who: This sixth annual event will feature remarks from leaders in public sector data management and advanced analytics, including:
- Caryl Brzymialkiewicz, Assistant Inspector General and Chief Data Officer, Office of the Inspector General, Department of Health and Human Services
- Jessica Kahn, Director of the Data and Systems Group, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Department of Health and Human Services
- Peter Kovac, Manager of High Performance Computing and Data Engineering, Office of Financial Research, Department of the Treasury
- Joseph Mitchell, Section Chief, Enterprise Data Analytics Section, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Justice
- Vimesh Patel, Deputy Director, Office of Data Strategy and Innovation, National Counterterrorism Center
- Matthew Quinn, Senior Advisor for Health Information Technology, Health Resources and Services Administration
- Dr. Ron Ross, the National Institute of Science and Technology
- Jeffrey Thomas, Information Security Program Manager, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab
- Dr. Bill Vanderlinde, Chief Scientist, Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity
In addition, the closing keynote will be delivered by Travis Sawchik, sports writer and author of Big Data Baseball, who will discuss how big data can transform all types of organizations with measurable results.
When: Tuesday, April 25 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. EDT
Where: The Newseum, 555 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20001
Why: Government organizations are increasingly flooded with data from today’s hyper-connected world and they need solutions to process and analyze in real time. Machine learning and artificial intelligence have evolved to help public sector professionals better understand data patterns and anomalies, predict outcomes and prescribe optimal actions to influence their operations. The rate of new use cases for machine learning are emerging daily, ranging from predictive maintenance and fraud detection to supporting essential national security and intelligence missions.
The Cloudera Government Forum is a recognized gathering for agency leaders looking for the most current and real-world use cases of big data analytics that can be applied for immediate and positive impact on agency results. Attendees will learn what’s possible today and how to optimize machine-learning platforms and turn enterprise data into their agency’s biggest business asset. Speakers will share practical experiences about using standards-based, cloud-enabled and open source data strategies for meaningful transformation.
Go to the Cloudera Government Forum page to see the full agenda, speakers, and more event details.
Additional Information: Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in efforts to create materials that will be used to support Children’s Inn at the National Institutes of Health through Cloudera Cares, an employee-run, data-for-good, philanthropic arm of Cloudera.
Cloudera delivers the modern platform for machine learning and advanced analytics built on the latest open source technologies. The world’s leading organizations trust Cloudera to help solve their most challenging business problems with Cloudera Enterprise, the fastest, easiest and most secure data platform available for the modern world. Our customers efficiently capture, store, process and analyze vast amounts of data, empowering them to use advanced analytics to drive business decisions quickly, flexibly and at lower cost than has been possible before. To ensure our customers are successful, we offer comprehensive support, training and professional services. Learn more at cloudera.com.
Connect with Cloudera
About Cloudera: https://www.cloudera.com/more/about.html
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/cloudera
Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cloudera
Join the Cloudera Community: https://community.cloudera.com/
Read about our customers’ successes: https://www.cloudera.com/more/customers.html
Cloudera, Hue and associated marks and trademarks or registered trademarks of Cloudera Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.