Talend Customer Abandonment Prevention
A large online retailer used Cloudera and Talend to replace aging, legacy, batch-oriented integration systems so the company could have better insight into customers’ shopping behavior and successfully prevent last-minute shopping cart abandonment with real-time incentives.
Using Cloudera and Talend to build a customer 360 data lake, combined with clickstream analysis in real time using Spark, the retailer was able to predict with 90% accuracy customers who are likely to abandon a cart. They also used that information to send incentives and promotions to their customers before they leave the site and their carts.
With Cloudera and Talend, organizations can gain instant value from all their customer data by performing advanced analytics using the latest innovations from Hadoop and Spark—enabling better decision making. Talend tightly integrates with Cloudera and has been certified on the latest Cloudera Enterprise platform, including Cloudera Navigator.
Natively supporting Cloudera, Talend’s open and unified data integration platform takes the complexity out of any integration project and equip IT to be more responsive to the demands of the business, at a predictable cost.
• 10X Productivity - A single solution for all your data integration and transformation needs including batch, streaming, real-time data integration, data quality, and IoT. Visually develop data pipelines in a fraction of the time to hand-code.
• Native Big Data support - Unlike legacy integration solutions, Talend natively generates MapReduce and Spark code that requires zero installation footprint on the Cluster. Customers can 100% use Cloudera Management tools to configure and manage Talend big data jobs.
• Integration with Cloudera Navigator – Enable enterprise wide big data governance and control on Hadoop and Spark. Allows organizations to maintain data integrity and governance rules even as data volumes grow and access broadens.
The combined solution helps prevent shopping cart abandonment and offer dynamic pricing to maximize the lifetime value of your online customers.
- Replace aging, batch oriented legacy platforms to support new business needs
- Store huge volume of historical and clickstream data at a much lower cost
- Provide a single platform for batch and real-time analytics
Replace aging batch oriented legacy integration vendor to support new data integration processes and new big data use cases:
- Need more flexibility and were looking for a leading edge solution, especially for big data and real-time integration
- Need for a pricing model that aligned with their future requirements
Customer can now predict abandoned shopping cart in real-time with a 90% accuracy.
Leftover merchandise was reduced by 20%, accuracy of forecast improved by 40%
They were also able to perform dynamic pricing on their eCommerce site.
As a result, sales went up 9%, Inventory Turns + 6%, Profitability + 5%.
- Integrates with existing EDW and Cloudera for clickstreams analysis
- Talend Big Data on Hadoop for predictive analytics and forecasts
- Talend Big Data on Spark for in memory based processing to find out the right price for each article
- Talend real time Big Data to predict and prevent shopping cart abandonment
- One single, unified platform for all integration use cases: batch, real-time, on prem, hybrid, Cloud, Big Data, IoT, Machine Learning, self-service, data governance
- 900+ components & connectors (100+ for Spark) + community contribution
- Generates native code for Spark and MapReduce with no overhead on Hadoop & Spark clusters and nodes, resulting in faster performance
- Support for Big Data & IoT scenarios (with batch & streaming + Machine Learning to create smart data pipelines)
- Flexible, open source, first to support new Big Data innovations
- Future proof architecture, with one click upgrade to new technologies (example from moving from MapReduce to Spark is a breeze with Talend)
Simplify your architecture with Cloudera and Talend
Gain business value from real-time data using Cloudera and Talend
Drive Customer Insights
About Talend Talend (NASDAQ: TLND) is a next-generation leader in cloud and big data integration software that helps companies make data a strategic asset that provides real-time, organization-wide insight into customers, partners, and operations. Through its open, adaptive, and unified integration platform, Talend delivers the data agility required for companies to rapidly adopt the latest technology innovations and scale to meet the constantly evolving demands of modern business. A leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools and Forrester Wave: Big Data Fabric Q4 2016, Talend’s solutions support over 1500 global enterprise customers including Air France, GE, and Lenovo, across a range of industries.