Program Offers Partners the First Technology Certification for Apache Hadoop, Marketing and Technical Resources, as well as Training on Apache Hadoop and Related Technologies
Palo Alto, CA – August 11, 2011 – Cloudera Inc, the leading provider ofApache Hadoop-based data management software and services, today unveiled a comprehensive program architected to support an expansive ecosystem of technology solutions vendors, value added resellers and professional services providers in the development, sale, deployment and marketing of commercial solutions built on the Apache Hadoop platform. TheCloudera Connect™ Partner Program is a landmark for the industry, offering content and resources such as Cloudera’s Apache Hadoop knowledge base, developer tools, technical support and training programs, as well as critical sales and marketing resources to accelerate solution integration with Apache Hadoop. The program offers three multi-tiered partnership tracks – Certified Technology Partner, Authorized Reseller and Authorized Service Provider – each designed to speed the development and adoption of Apache Hadoop-based solutions.
“In today’s global information economy, technologies that transform Big Data into tangible business insights have become fundamental to operating a thriving, competitive enterprise,” said Ash Kulkarni, general manager, Enterprise Data Integration, Informatica. “Apache Hadoop has emerged as a core solution in that movement and Informatica is committed to bringing the full power of enterprise data integration to Hadoop, and to building solutions certified for Cloudera’s Distribution Including Apache Hadoop. We are proud to be a charter member of the Cloudera Connect Partner Program and look forward to exploring the opportunities presented by our collaboration with Cloudera and its partner network.”
“Our strategic partnership and collaboration with Cloudera has enabled us to provide our customers with the industry’s first turnkey solution for Apache Hadoop,” said John Igoe, executive director for Dell Cloud Services. “We are pleased to be part of the Cloudera Connect Partner Program and believe the ongoing alliance with Cloudera and members of its partner ecosystem will further accelerate the adoption of Apache Hadoop across the enterprise by developing and promoting next-generation data management solutions for our mutual customers.”
Cloudera Connect Partner Program: Benefits of Membership
The Cloudera Connect Partner Program represents the industry’s largest ecosystem of Hadoop-based solutions and suppliers and offers companies unprecedented access to a broad set of technical and business resources, including:
- Industry’s First Certification Program for Apache Hadoop: Cloudera’s self-certification suite is the first of its kind, enabling vendors to test and validate hardware and software for supportable operation within an Apache Hadoop cluster. Cloudera Certified Technologies have been validated to use supported APIs and to comply with current development guidelines for integration with Apache Hadoop.
- Partner Portal: Helps partners go from “zero to Hadoop” in minutes. Members receive access to valuable resources, including Cloudera’s knowledge base for Apache Hadoop and related technologies, free technical training resources and access to all Cloudera-issued sales enablement tools and marketing collateral.
- Partner Solution Spotlight: Provides a multimedia showcase of Apache Hadoop-based offerings from vendors across the ecosystem, making it easy for prospective customers to identify relevant solutions.
- Technical and Sales Resources: Online training, seminars, engineering support and more.
- Cloudera Training Discounts: Partner organizations receive significant discounts on Cloudera University training and certification for Apache Hadoop.
- Marketing Support: Access to marketing collateral, presentation materials and structured brand-use privileges help increase visibility, validation and value with publicity and joint marketing opportunities.
- Lead Registration Program: A structured program designed to build a relationship of mutual profitability for partners who resell Cloudera solutions.
Partnership Tracks Tailored to Benefit Partners in Every Part of the Ecosystem
Cloudera’s partnership tracks were developed to deliver unique benefits to a range of partner businesses:
- Technology Vendors
- Hardware Vendors: Can certify product compatibility with the Cloudera platform to help simplify the customer decision-making process and ensure solutions work well upon delivery.
- Software Vendors: Can certify solution compatibility with the Cloudera platform to reduce risk, support challenges and ensure customers are able to integrate Apache Hadoop into their data management environment.
- Service Providers: Authorized Service Providers can leverage the training resources and support they need to deliver Apache Hadoop-based solutions and services for their customers, backed by the Cloudera brand.
- Resellers: Authorized Cloudera Resellers gain broad access to Cloudera’s technical and sales resources to extend their solutions portfolio and meet the demand for scalable, enterprise-ready Apache Hadoop management tools and services.
“We are excited to introduce the Cloudera Connect Partner Program, which brings to life our vision to unite, educate and support a rich ecosystem of technology vendors, resellers and service providers to enable the development and adoption of business applications for Apache Hadoop,” said Ed Albanese, head of business development for Cloudera. “The enthusiasm and response to this program have been overwhelming and affirm what we at Cloudera believe: Apache Hadoop has the power to transform the enterprise. We look forward to collaborating with our partners to accelerate the development and adoption of open source Apache Hadoop innovations.”
To learn more about the Cloudera Connect Partner Program or its members, visit http://www.cloudera.com/partners/.
Cloudera is revolutionizing enterprise data management by offering the first unified Platform for big data, an enterprise data hub built on Apache Hadoop. Cloudera offers enterprises one place to store, access, process, secure, and analyze all their data, empowering them to extend the value of existing investments while enabling fundamental new ways to derive value from their data. Cloudera's open source big data platform is the most widely adopted in the world, and Cloudera is the most prolific contributor to the open source Hadoop ecosystem. As the leading educator of Hadoop professionals, Cloudera has trained over 40,000 individuals worldwide. Over 1,700 partners and a seasoned professional services team help deliver greater time to value. Leading organizations in every industry plus top public sector organizations globally run Cloudera in production.
Connect With Cloudera
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cloudera
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudera
Join the Cloudera Community: http://cloudera.com/community
Cloudera, Cloudera's Platform for Big Data, Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Flex Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Basic Editionand CDH are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cloudera Inc. in the United States, and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.