42six, a subsidiary of Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC), is a software development company and systems integrator for the U.S. Government Intelligence Community (IC) and the Department of Defense (DoD) that specializes in Big Data processing, analytics, and advanced applications support using distributed technologies.
42six, a subsidiary of Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC), is a software development company and systems integrator for the U.S. Government Intelligence Community (IC) and the Department of Defense (DoD) that specializes in Big Data processing, analytics, and advanced applications support using distributed technologies. The organization has developed an application engine called EzBake (EzBake.io), known as the DoDIIS App Engine within the government, which helps agencies including the DIA (Defense Intelligence Agency), US Navy, US Army, and other intelligence agencies efficiently migrate their analytics and data processing applications to enterprise data hubs running in the cloud, so they can take advantage of today’s distributed technologies.
Underpinned by HDFS and open data formats, EzBake enables federal organizations to easily build centralized enterprise data hubs that support various user preferences, methods, workloads, and security requirements. Cloudera was uniquely suited to partner with CSC in this initiative, offering the most robust, stable, and versatile Hadoop platform that incorporates with modularized, leading edge components of the stack including Apache Accumulo, Apache Spark (incubating), Apache Storm, Apache Kafka, Cloudera Search, and Impala.
Impact: Higher Productivity, Faster Innovation
As a result of CSC’s innovative use of Cloudera, U.S. government agencies are putting their annual IT budgets to better use, building new applications with greater efficiency and developing new features that add value. Whereas typical application development used to take six to eight months, developers can now create those same applications in under 30 days.
- Pressure to take advantage of new capabilities enabled by Big Data in the cloud while accommodating downward trending budgets
- Government organizations have unique security requirements
- Application engine powered by Cloudera obfuscates complexities of distributed technologies
- Application development time reduced from 8 months to 30 days
- Developers spend 80% of their time innovating and 20% administering infrastructure vs. the reverse previously
- Security comes as a service based on the framework, i.e. HIPAA, ITAR, etc.