Odyssey is a leader in delivering cybersecurity solutions and services in Southeastern Europe and the Middle East, with offices in Cyprus, Greece, Serbia, and the United Arab Emirates.
ClearSkies SECaaS SIEM platform with Big Data Security Analytics, a homegrown product of Odyssey, is a full-featured, powerful, and flexible next-generation security information and event management (SIEM) solution that addresses the need of organizations of any size and industry to manage the wealth of log data generated by their mission-critical systems, applications, and communication links.
Odyssey was facing collection and processing bottlenecks, limited search capabilities, and constraints in delivering real-time statistical and behavioral analytics because its legacy databases couldn’t easily scale to support the increasing amount of log data from client mission-critical systems, applications, and communication links.
To integrate big data analytics into its ClearSkies platform, Odyssey implemented Apache Hadoop using Cloudera Enterprise. With Cloudera, the company can now collect and combine any volume or type of log data in its original fidelity, and deliver real-time security analytics capabilities, all within a single, enterprise-grade platform. Odyssey evaluated several Hadoop vendors, before selecting Cloudera.
Only Cloudera was able to demonstrate that they had the product, expertise, and knowledge to help us understand how we would be able to overcome the limitations we were facing. Moreover, they shared their knowledge and understanding to support our vision, and, most importantly, they delivered.
Eleftherios Antoniades, Founder and CTO, Odyssey
Migrating the ClearSkies platform onto Cloudera Enterprise facilitates faster security investigation and remediation, which is pivotal to a next-generation SIEM solution, and improves the company’s ability to detect emerging cyberthreats and trends, such as changes in user behavior.
Implementing Cloudera Enterprise into the ClearSkies platform, we managed to deliver advanced statistical and behavioral analytics along with machine-learning capabilities. These capabilities enable our clients to quickly and effectively identify cyberthreats that otherwise will go undetected.
Christos Onoufriou, CEO, Odyssey
Cybersecurity solutions and services
- Legacy databases couldn’t easily scale causing collection and processing bottleneck, limited search capabilities, and constraints in delivering real-time statistical and behavioral analytics
- Company vision is to integrate vulnerability data, threat intelligence, and security analytics to provide clients more capabilities to help detect threats
- Apache Hadoop Platform: Cloudera Enterprise, Data Hub Edition
- Apache Hadoop Components: Apache Flume, Apache Impala (incubating), Apache Spark, Cloudera Manager, Cloudera Navigator, Cloudera Search, HDFS
- Next-generation SECaaS security information and event management (SIEM) with Big Data Security Analytics
- Increased visibility into emerging cyberthreats, including zero-day attacks and insider threats
- Provided unprecedented scale and speed
- Enabled delivery of powerful operational analytics