Using a Cloudera data discovery and analytics platform, Quotient can target promotions based on shoppers’ purchase behavior to help retailers and CPG companies increase consumer engagement and loyalty.
Quotient Technology (formerly Coupons.com) is a leading digital promotion and media platform, distributing digital coupons, coupon codes, and card-linked offers.
Stitching together data from its website and retailer point-of-sale (POS) systems is critical for Quotient to understand consumer behavior and precisely target offers. However, one of the challenges Quotient data scientists faced in building behavioral targeting and personalization solutions was a siloed legacy environment.
The Cloudera data discovery and analytics platform provides a scalable, high-performance, and flexible environment that enables Quotient to build sophisticated behavioral targeting and personalization solutions. For example, with the new platform, Quotient can reconstruct what’s in shoppers’ baskets to identify potential consumers for a brand.
More accurate targeting using the Cloudera platform has helped Quotient clients increase sales. In fact, Quotient found that the number of shoppers purchasing products increased by 230 percent when targeted, compared to a control group that did not receive the targeted offer.
- A siloed legacy environment slowed processing times and limited the amount of data that could be handled, which limited the company’s analytic capabilities
- Apache Hadoop Platform: Cloudera Enterprise, Data Hub Edition
- Apache Hadoop Components: Apache Impala, Hue
- BI & Analytics Tools: MicroStrategy, Platfora
- Behavioral targeting
- Structured data from lookups
- Server logs
- Transactional databases (e.g., POS systems)
- 230% increase in number of shoppers purchasing products
- 61% increase in basket value among targeted shoppers
- 3X increase in demand for targeted offers in one month