Sky Betting and Gaming (Sky Bet), is one of the biggest online gaming companies in the UK, based on both volumes and revenue. Millions of customers use Sky Bet to bet on sporting events across thousands of markets, including football and horse racing, and to also play poker, casino, and bingo games. The company is owned by CVC Capital Partners (80 percent) and Sky (20 percent).
When Sky Bet first came to market, it shared an enterprise data warehouse (EDW) with its parent company. However, as Sky Bet grew, executives recognized that a traditional EDW platform could not provide the scalability and performance the company needed to support its dynamic business.
Sky Bet modernized its architecture by replacing a traditional enterprise data warehouse with the Cloudera platform to reduce the time to ingest, process, and analyze data, and to implement real-time processing and machine learning.
By moving to intraday data processing on the Cloudera platform, Sky Bet has dramatically cut the time to fulfil promotions.
With the ability to also assess key marketing opportunities in real time, including propensity to buy, cross-sale opportunities, and customer value, the company expects even more opportunities to improve the customer experience.
Media & Entertainment
- A traditional enterprise data warehouse platform could not provide the scalability and performance Sky Bet needed to support its dynamic business
- Apache Hadoop Platform: Cloudera Enterprise, Data Hub Edition
- Apache Hadoop Components: Apache HBase, Apache Hive, Apache Impala (incubating), Apache Kafka, Apache Spark
- Personalization, Risk Management, Business Intelligence, Machine Learning
- Transactional data
- Web analytics, clickstream data
- Market data
- Improves customer experience and satisfaction
- Reduces time to process promotional rewards from 1 day to 10 minutes
- Enables delivery of targeted promotions