True Corporation is Thailand’s leading communications conglomerate. The organization delivers a range of services to more than one million customers across five business units. Plans to deploy a deep packet inspection (DPI) software to discover usage patterns among TrueMove H mobile users triggered a review of the existing data warehouse.
The maximum amount of data the company could store in its existing data warehouse was 50 terabytes (TBs). Yet the amount of DPI data it expected to generate was 5 TBs a day. It meant the company could store data for only 10 days, and it needed at least a month’s worth of data.
Using Intel® Xeon® processors E5 family to power a CDH, a distribution of Apache Hadoop from Cloudera, True Corporation created an easy-to-manage and scalable infrastructure for deep customer insight. Right now, the platform—which currently supports up 200 TBs of data—is being used to store and analyze around 5 TBs a day from the DPI solution. And the organization has been able to deliver 200 TBs of data storage with the Hadoop platform at one tenth of the cost of expanding its data warehouse.
It is also able to deliver deeper analysis with up to 40 percent faster querying times.
True Corporation has created a unified and governed enterprise data platform to deliver a 360-degree, omni-channel view of customer behaviors to deliver greater value through more relevant offers and services. Thanks to the solution’s ease of use, data scientists work more efficiently, finding it simpler to integrate multiple data streams and discover new trends and patterns to support business development. And the speed of the platform enables True Corporation to improve the efficiency of its decision making, capitalizing on opportunities as they arise.
- Store up to 5 TBs of data a day from its DPI solution
- Develop a 360-degree view of individual customer behaviors
- Better target customer offers and campaigns
- Apache Hadoop Platform: CDH, running on a hardware platform powered by Intel Xeon processors E5 family
- 360-degree customer view, customer relationship management, business intelligence and analytics
- A 360-degree view of one million customers, so that True Corporation can deliver greater value through more relevant offers and services
- Up to 40% faster query times
- Big data capacity at 10% of the cost