New Integration, Sales and Support for Teradata’s Integrated Data Warehouse and Cloudera’s Enterprise Data Hub
SAN DIEGO and PALO ALTO, Calif. – October 9, 2014 – Teradata Corp. (NYSE: TDC), the big data analytics and marketing applications leader, and Cloudera, the leader in enterprise analytic data management powered by Apache Hadoop™, today announced an expanded partnership that covers broad technology integration and development road map alignment, and a unified go-to-market, sales and support offering. The two companies are optimizing the integration between Teradata’s integrated data warehouse and Cloudera’s enterprise data hub offering to facilitate access to multiple data sources through the Teradata Unified Data Architecture™.
"The hallmark of the Unified Data Architecture is processing any analytic on any data, and this capability requires multiple technologies to be integrated. Adding Cloudera to the UDA offers our customers additional choices. The Unified Data Architecture combines the enterprise data hub and the integrated data warehouse into one large analytic ecosystem. Our respective product roadmaps are now better aligned to make this a reality," said Scott Gnau, president of Teradata Labs.
"Our vision for an enterprise data hub is that it complements key solutions like an integrated data warehouse to deliver real value in big data. Our partnership with Teradata ensures customers have the access to best-of-breed solutions to solve today’s challenging problem of getting the most value from all of their data," said Tom Reilly, chief executive officer, Cloudera.
"We are firm believers of specialized processing platforms and the Teradata vision around the Unified Data Architecture (UDA)," said Faker Zouaoui, vice president of enterprise data, analytics and business intelligence, Sabre, GLBL, Inc. "We are excited to see how Teradata and Cloudera are joining forces to provide a more robust, manageable and integrated environment. Loading large amounts of travel data into CDH and having the right SQL-on-Hadoop integration capabilities of Teradata QueryGrid is critical for Sabre."
Developed in response to customer demands for full ecosystem support, the partnership delivers:
- Deeper Software Integration. Teradata has created connectors to integrate with Apache Hadoop as part of its Unified Data Architecture. These connectors are now certified with Cloudera Enterprise, allowing both technologies to work together and extend mutual support for new integrations. Two key components of the UDA are:
- Teradata QueryGrid, which lets business analysts ask any question, easily pulling together data from both platforms into a single answer set.
- Teradata Loom, which provides tracking, exploring, cleaning, lineage, and transformation of Hadoop Distributed File System files. It helps operations managers and programmers easily evaluate and manage millions of HDFS files.
- Go-to-market acceleration and unified support offering. Under the agreement, Teradata is licensed to resell Cloudera Enterprise solutions, including Cloudera Enterprise Basic, Flex and Data Hub editions. Customers who purchase Cloudera Enterprise through Teradata will get a world-class support offering delivered through Teradata and backed by Cloudera support. The companies will be promoting the unified offering through joint sales and marketing initiatives.
- Training, Customer Support, and Consulting Services. Under the agreement Teradata is also authorized to resell Cloudera education, training services and Cloudera professional services to supplement Teradata solutions. Teradata Professional Services for Hadoop are easily deployed on Cloudera Enterprise – services such as data cleansing, governance, data lineage, predictive analytics, and security. Teradata’s recent acquisition of Think Big brings strong Hadoop and Cloudera-specific skills to mutual customers.
Through this partnership, customers now have the ability to define and implement a comprehensive, robust big data solution that includes the best from Teradata and Cloudera. Teradata’s long-standing history of innovation in data management and warehousing, combined with Cloudera’s leadership in big data solutions built on Apache Hadoop™, jointly enable customers to innovate with confidence.
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) helps companies get more value from data than any other company. Teradata’s leading portfolio of big data analytic solutions, integrated marketing applications, and services can help organizations gain a sustainable competitive advantage with data. Visit teradata.com.
Cloudera is revolutionizing enterprise data management by offering the first unified Platform for big data, an enterprise data hub built on Apache Hadoop. Cloudera offers enterprises one place to store, access, process, secure, and analyze all their data, empowering them to extend the value of existing investments while enabling fundamental new ways to derive value from their data. Cloudera's open source big data platform is the most widely adopted in the world, and Cloudera is the most prolific contributor to the open source Hadoop ecosystem. As the leading educator of Hadoop professionals, Cloudera has trained over 40,000 individuals worldwide. Over 1,700 partners and a seasoned professional services team help deliver greater time to value. Leading organizations in every industry plus top public sector organizations globally run Cloudera in production.
Connect With Cloudera
About Cloudera: https://www.cloudera.com/about.html
Read our blog: https://blog.cloudera.com/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/cloudera
Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cloudera
Join the Cloudera Community: https://cloudera.com/community
Cloudera, Cloudera's Platform for Big Data, Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Flex Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Basic Editionand CDH are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cloudera Inc. in the United States, and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.