Cloudera CEO Mike Olson and Chief Architect Doug Cutting to Deliver Keynotes
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwire - Oct 19, 2012) - Cloudera, the category leader that sets the standard for Hadoop in the enterprise, today announced the lineup of Cloudera speakers for Strata + Hadoop World. Cloudera and O'Reilly joined forces earlier this year to combine the two events and build upon the largest gathering of the Apache Hadoop community, end users and vendors in the world. This year's event, which marks the fourth annual Hadoop World, takes place in New York City from October 23 - 25, 2012. Themed "Tools and Techniques That Make Data Work," the conference brings together the leading minds in Big Data, including open source contributors, end users, vendors, solution providers and data scientists who will be exploring the frontiers of Big Data for business, science and beyond. The more than 2,500 attendees expected this year will have the opportunity to learn from Hadoop and Big Data focused discussions, networking events and training courses. Sixteen speakers from Cloudera will be sharing their Big Data expertise and experience at the event. In addition to the speaker lineup, Cloudera will be contributing to multiple community networking events at the conference.
Cloudera CEO Mike Olson will kick off the conference with the opening keynote on October 24 at 8:55am ET. Olson will discuss how Big Data, paired with the right tools and techniques, has the potential to help professionals in almost every discipline make better, more informed decisions for better, faster outcomes. He will also explore use cases from his own experiences at Cloudera and will show how building applications within a broader community and ecosystem has vast implications for the speed and depth of innovation.
"It's inspiring to witness how the Apache Hadoop community has matured and continues to evolve. The mainstream adoption of open source technology has helped establish a thriving new market category that gives organizations a competitive edge by letting them take advantage of all their data. I'm proud of the leadership role Cloudera has played in developing Apache Hadoop-based solutions to where they are today and our team's contributions to the open source community," said Mike Olson, CEO of Cloudera. "This conference will really help business and technology leaders understand the use cases for Big Data."
Hadoop creator and Chief Architect at Cloudera, Doug Cutting, is the founder of several Apache open source projects in addition to Hadoop, including Lucene, Nutch and Avro. Cutting will be delivering his keynote at the conference on October 25 at 9:20am ET and will discuss the genesis of Hadoop and the changes it has made to date, emphasizing the latest interactive and real-time developments.
"I always look forward to Hadoop World because there is nothing like getting a group of people together who all stand at the forefront of innovation, with a common goal to learn and share ideas with each other. It's a great time to be involved in the community, as Hadoop sharpens its effectiveness on a grand scale and users are able to carve out expertise with the project across varying industries," said Cutting. "Momentum keeps building behind Hadoop and this conference is a testament of that."
The conference focuses on the future of data collection, as well as foundational skills and tools and technologies that are required to gain a competitive advantage with Big Data. Cloudera will be contributing to the three full days of the conference with keynotes, informational sessions, and participation in panel discussions.
Cloudera speakers and sessions at Hadoop World:
- Mike Olson, CEO - Keynote: Big Answers
- Doug Cutting, Chief Architect and Creator of Hadoop - Keynote: Beyond Batch
- Amr Awadallah, Co-Founder and CTO - Designing Scalable Network Architectures for Fast Moving Big Data
- Jesse Anderson, Curriculum Developer and Instructor - Given Enough Monkeys - Some Thoughts on Randomness
- Justin Erickson, Product Manager - Data Science on Hadoop: What's There and What's Missing
- Mark Fei, Customer Solutions - An Introduction to Hadoop
- Jonathan Hsieh, Software Engineer - Upcoming Enterprise features in Apache HBase 0.96
- Amandeep Khurana, Solutions Architect and Matteo Bertozzi, Software Engineer - Using HBase
- Todd Lipcon, Software Engineer - HDFS - What is New and Future
- Todd Lipcon and Aaron Myers, Software Engineers - High Availability for the HDFS NameNode: Phase 2
- Josh Patterson and Michael Katzenellenbogen, Principal Solution Architects - Knitting Boar
- Eric Sammer, Principal Solution Architect - Large Scale ETL with Hadoop
- Will McQueen, Prasad Mujumdar, Mike Percy, Arvind Prabhakar, and Hari Shreedharan, Software Engineers - Building a Large-scale Data Collection System Using Flume NG
- Aparna Ramani, Director of Engineering and Bala Venkatrao, Director of Products - Taming the Elephant - Learn How Monsanto Manages Their Hadoop Cluster to Enable Genome/Sequence Processing
- Tom Wheeler, Software Engineer - Testing Hadoop Applications
Cloudera is revolutionizing enterprise data management by offering the first unified Platform for big data, an enterprise data hub built on Apache Hadoop. Cloudera offers enterprises one place to store, access, process, secure, and analyze all their data, empowering them to extend the value of existing investments while enabling fundamental new ways to derive value from their data. Cloudera's open source big data platform is the most widely adopted in the world, and Cloudera is the most prolific contributor to the open source Hadoop ecosystem. As the leading educator of Hadoop professionals, Cloudera has trained over 40,000 individuals worldwide. Over 1,700 partners and a seasoned professional services team help deliver greater time to value. Leading organizations in every industry plus top public sector organizations globally run Cloudera in production.
Connect With Cloudera
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cloudera
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudera
Join the Cloudera Community: http://cloudera.com/community
Cloudera, Cloudera's Platform for Big Data, Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Flex Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Basic Editionand CDH are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cloudera Inc. in the United States, and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.